Currently Being ModeratedMar 10, 2013 4:43 PM (in response to DiAnitaMiAmor)
It's possible that there is a record in the Calendar database in Outlook that is corrupted. To fix this you would have to export the calendar database from Outlook, then import it again.
It's also possible that the iTunes plugin did not install correctly in Outlook. If you installed Outlook after installing iTunes this is certainly the case. So remove iTunes completely, download a fresh install from http://www.apple.com/itunes and reinstall it. The full instructions are here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1923
Currently Being ModeratedMar 18, 2013 7:48 PM (in response to DiAnitaMiAmor)
I have been struggling with this for days. A colossal waste of time I might add! Here are a few tips:
- Outlook can sync to any one of multiple calendars in your ios device. Make sure you are viewing all your calendars on your device, because it may be syncing correctly but you may not be viewing the correct calendar. Also, in settings, make sure that your default calendar matches the one you are syncing with.
- In itunes, go to Edit -> Preferences -> Devices and Reset Sync History. Also in itunes on the info tab of your ios device, scroll down to "Advanced" and check "Replace information on this iPhone"
- Finally, in Outlook you can have multiple calendars, but itunes will sync with the default calendar.. One big problem I had was that I was using multiple account profiles, and I was syncing with the wrong profile.
I am still having one big problem. While notes and contacts work fine, and the calendar copies nicely from Outlook to the iPhone, I cannot get calendar changes on the iPhone to copy to Outlook. If anyone can help me out here I'd be very grateful! I suspect that it is a problem with Outlook 2013.
Currently Being ModeratedJun 3, 2013 7:21 AM (in response to DiAnitaMiAmor)
Having similar and unresolved problems. Wife's iPhone 4S working fine syncing to Outlook 2007. Upgraded to 2013. Noticed that calendar wasn't syncing. It shows in "sync status" when connected to iTunes but never loads any changes. Tried several things so far:
- Reinstalled iTunes
- Deleted sync history and removed all data (iTunes options) from phone
- Disabled Outlook addins (noticed there's an add in for iCloud and one for iTunes)
It seems something is going on now with iCloud and 2013. In 2007 we didn't use (or perhaps there wasn't an add-in for) iCloud. We do not want to use iCloud to sync this stuff so not sure why that's an issue now with 2013 -- wife does not have an iCloud account set up or enabled.
Also when I sync, iTunes displays an error popup repeatedly for "Windows Installer", continues through the sync then ends... with nothing synchronized.
And just noticed now that contacts did not sync properly, went as far as letter "P" then stopped. That's a new one.
Currently Being ModeratedJul 2, 2013 1:45 PM (in response to DiAnitaMiAmor)
I have not yet tried uninstall and re-install of iTunes after having installed Office 2013, however I was curious if you have yet, DiAnitaMiAmor. Or more generally, if anyone has been successful with Office 2013 syncing contacts with an iPhone through iTunes, using Lawrence's suggestion or otherwise.
Currently Being ModeratedSep 19, 2013 4:45 AM (in response to DiAnitaMiAmor)
I was frustrated with this problem for several months after installing Office 2013. Installing iTunes 11.0.5 when it released did not resolve the issue, however this problem appears to be fixed in iTunes 11.1, or at least installing it resolved it for me. iCloud use was not necessary.
More Like This
- Retrieving data ...
- This solved my question - 10 points
- This helped me - 5 points