Currently Being ModeratedMay 14, 2013 12:52 PM (in response to Bassman1947)
I have found the same issue: connects easily to iOS devices, much more difficult to OSX devices. I did eventually get the headphones to work on both the MB Air and Mac Pro by repeatedly pairing the headphones. Make sure that the volume is set to max on your macbook pro & itunes and check that the stereo phones (not mono) are being used in the sounds control panel. There definitely seems to be an issue though - I just haven't had a chance to contact Bose.
Currently Being ModeratedJun 5, 2013 3:23 PM (in response to Tony Welch)
I have tried your suggestions with no luck...
Worked the 1st time I tried, no luck since!! Flawless with iPhone and iPad though. I've emailed Bose, let's see if I get a reply...
Currently Being ModeratedJun 8, 2013 1:12 PM (in response to CamiASC)
Heard from Bose:
While the Apple iPad® is the “optimum” device we would recommend, the Bose® AE2w is compatible with any mobile device that supports Bluetooth® version 2.1 or later and A2DP to provide audio. We do not recommend using AE2w with a computer, laptop, television or gaming console due to known compatibility issues. However, the headphones do come with the accessory audio cable, so you would be able to use the headphones with you Apple® Mac using the audio cable to the headphone jack.
Not exactly what I wanted to hear...
Currently Being ModeratedJun 8, 2013 2:50 PM (in response to CamiASC)
This is very disappointing to hear - it doesn't make sense though.
Currently Being ModeratedJun 18, 2013 7:43 AM (in response to CamiASC)
I'm a little disappointed too, but it's possible to make the headset work with MPs. I have a rMBP and I could pair the phone in my first attempt, but suddenly it stopped working. After perform every kind of reset command on the phone (like holding the mic button and the - vol button for 10 sec to clear the pairing list) and repeatedly "set up Bluetooth device..." on my MP I had no success. So I tried to reset the OS X Bluetooth preferences and it worked! I deleted the Bluetooth Audio File list in:
and restarted the system. Then, I was able to make the headphone work like the first time.
Hope that helps!
Currently Being ModeratedJun 26, 2013 1:42 AM (in response to vritter)
vritter, your solution worked for me. Thank you.
Currently Being ModeratedJul 8, 2013 12:50 PM (in response to Bassman1947)
I've just updated the firmware to 01.01.00 (was 01.00). Now the headphones connect better to my mac.
You should be able to find the update here:
Try it, may be it'll solve your problem.
Currently Being ModeratedSep 11, 2013 8:48 AM (in response to Bassman1947)
there is a new firmware update 01.02 from Bose.
Also if you check Bluetooth preferences -> Advanced -> Prompt for all incoming audio request seems to further improve connectivity.
Currently Being ModeratedOct 19, 2013 10:07 AM (in response to Bassman1947)
I dont think firmware has something to do with it. Always better to upgrade though. What made difference though was adjusting system volume to max as someone wrote in a previous post. Little bit strange but.... it worked. Seems to change by it self to mono sometimes also. Its a bit unstable but when it works its great. Didnt even know there was a mic in these =)
Currently Being ModeratedDec 1, 2013 3:31 PM (in response to Bassman1947)
Unfortunately there are actually two problems; one is software which can be partially fixed and the other is a hardware issue which is actually quite a fiassco for all laptops esspecially apple computers.
On the sofware side of things you can use terminal commands http://musings.silvertooth.us/2013/05/bluetooth-audio-and-os-x/ to change your bitpool range, I recomend a bitpool range of 48-80 for the bose AE2w headphones.
But the bad news... USB 3.
As it turns out, USB 3 is an absolute fiasco for bluetooth as it emits a interferring 'dirty noise' in the same 2.4GHz wireless frequency as bluetooth which causes a lot of the distortion and worst of all, it significanty reduces the range of the bluetooth signal! I'm not sure if this is apple's or intel's fault.
Currently Being ModeratedDec 1, 2013 3:59 PM (in response to Jezz7w)
>>use terminal commands http://musings.silvertooth.us/2013/05/bluetooth-audio-and-os-x/ to change your bitpool range
I'm using 10.9 and the applscript does not work for me, nor do the terminal commands. I get this message:
Domain com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent does not exist