HT1695: iOS: Connecting to the InternetLearn about iOS: Connecting to the Internet
Currently Being ModeratedJun 14, 2013 12:40 PM (in response to sally613)
Hi there sally613!
I have an article for you that can help you troubleshoot the issue you are seeing with your iPad. This article is about troubleshooting any Wi-Fi connections on an iOS device, but it has a specific section on the issue you are seeing:
I would recommend that you follow all of the relevant troubleshooting steps in that article, but this specific section deals with the issue as you have described it here:
- If you are using a public or commercial network that requires a login or subscription, see this article for more information.
- Check to see if you have a self-assigned IP address:
- If your IP address is 169.254.xxx.xxx, see this article.
- If you do not have a self-assigned IP address, see if other Wi-Fi devices on your network have Internet access.
- If they do not, consult with your network administrator or ISP for further assistance.
- If they do, reset network settings on your device by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
- Note: This will reset all network settings including: previously connected Wi-Fi networks and passwords, recently used Bluetooth accessories, VPN and APN settings.
Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Have a good one!
More Like This
- Retrieving data ...
- This solved my question - 10 points
- This helped me - 5 points