Currently Being ModeratedJun 10, 2013 2:13 PM (in response to Wayne Chin)
Let me know how smooth it is. I'm almost tempted to sign up as a developer to test it myself. Been meaning to get into iOS development for some time now anyway...
Currently Being ModeratedJun 10, 2013 3:26 PM (in response to LifeReceiver)
I hope they will not delete this message, I installed the new version of safari (6.1) then I went to theverge and trust me I have 57-58fps, I didn't install Maverick, just safari. I checked with Quartz Debugger. It's awesome, finally. I can't make a video with quicktime becuase it turns again choppy (30 fps).
Currently Being ModeratedJun 10, 2013 3:33 PM (in response to Lex1179)
How about Mashable.com? I get much worse frame rates there than theverge.com.
Currently Being ModeratedJun 10, 2013 3:53 PM (in response to LifeReceiver)
Super smooth on mashable, like the Verge but it takes more time to load the page compared to the verge, when it's loaded you reach almost 60fps on scrolling. See the picture.
Currently Being ModeratedJun 11, 2013 2:57 PM (in response to dsciel)
Some guy says, that he's lag problem was because of heat:
What do you think about this?
Currently Being ModeratedJun 11, 2013 4:32 PM (in response to raif_)
Interesting post, but I think it's clear that this is a software issue. From the reports so far Mavericks fixes it. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on it, but we'll just have to be patient and wait until Fall.
Currently Being ModeratedJun 13, 2013 5:48 AM (in response to dsciel)
@diego.giovany I know your posts have been deleted, but I would like to know how things go at the Apple Store and if they reapply the thermal paste when you ask. If they do update us on how the system works.
Currently Being ModeratedJun 13, 2013 10:16 AM (in response to dsciel)
Oh my God, the delete the positive critics also. I do not understand that:(
Currently Being ModeratedJun 13, 2013 10:25 AM (in response to raif_)
You are not allowed to discuss beta software here.
Currently Being ModeratedJun 13, 2013 10:29 AM (in response to dsciel)
As a registered developer and a user of Apple products for more than 30 years, I simply do not understand the basis of your deletion of completely legitimate comments made by good people who collectively paid considerable amount of money to a product that clearly does not meet the standards of quality, performance and stability.
The need to seek answers are substantial, as I have been working feverishly with Apple Engineers for the past 6 months to try to shed some light on this matter for the masses. It is an obligation to share our knowledge base to give some means of hope after putting out upwards of $2500 or more for this device.
Disclosure or non-disclosure, these people have the right to know, and if there's any shred of evidence of hope that a fix is on the way, it will only add security and confidence of your consumer base to continue to buy more Apple products in the future.
Currently Being ModeratedJun 13, 2013 10:48 PM (in response to dsciel)
wow, thank you to everyone posting here -- Wayne, Lex, Life and more. This has been extremely helpful. I have all of the problems well-known here (mid 2012 rMBP 15"). I just got my screen replaced last week with a Samsung model and had a clean install of 10.8.4. But my graphics lagging is AWFUL (opening 10 new windows in Safari using command-N, for example, stutters and takes forever). I've spent the last 2 days reading everything I could about my rMBP problems -- I couldn't until now because I was finishing my dissertation and literally had no extra time, nor could I be without my computer for even a day in the last year (trying to complete my thesis on my rMBP was extremely frustrating and disappointing). Anyway, my 1-year warranty expires in 2 weeks and I'm really worried about having spent $2300 of student loans on a computer that I doubt will ever work properly. But the posts of the last week or so give me some hope -- OS X Maverick etc. I'm sorry for the long post, but my question is this: should I try in the next 2 weeks to, say, get a refund, or store credit or a replacement given that my computer is still performing very poorly, OR should I wait for the Fall, let my warranty expire, and hope for the best that the problems will be solved?
Thank you all again for this great thread. BTW the "geniuses" in my town have been extremely UNhelpful.
Currently Being ModeratedJun 13, 2013 11:16 PM (in response to krusty kretin)
Krusty, if you plan to keep your Retina, I highly recommend that you purchase the extended warranty before your current warranty expires. Even if you have to put it on credit, the hundreds you spend now could save you thousands in the next two years.
Currently Being ModeratedJun 13, 2013 11:22 PM (in response to krusty kretin)
you are more lucky than me you have Genuis in your place... here I don't have any Genious at all :(. I was thinking to buy 'apple protection care' plan but it cast almost 400$ for rMBP and I don't want to spend more money! I was reviewed for new iOS7, and I'm thinking that we can't have a hope for Maverick The worst thing is we don't have alternative way.. Win - NO! Linux - Not ready for so smooth desktop work, Mac - became unusable on retina display (and maybe not only on it)... too bad situation for everyone... Steve, when you will back ???
Currently Being ModeratedJun 14, 2013 5:21 AM (in response to poidet)
I'm telling you, my rMBP is cured.
<Edited By Host>
Currently Being ModeratedJun 13, 2013 11:44 PM (in response to Wayne Chin)
What is the spec of your rMBP? and what year?