Currently Being ModeratedJun 14, 2013 5:16 PM (in response to Angel Llorente)
Alll the Disk Utility can do is clone an entire drive. In the process the Destination drive is erased. Is that the result you want? If so do this:
Clone using Restore Option of Disk Utility
1. Open Disk Utility in the Utilities folder.
2. Select the destination volume from the left side list.
3. Click on the Restore tab in the DU main window.
4. Select the destination volume from the left side list and drag
it to the Destination entry field.
5. Select the source volume from the left side list and drag it to
the Source entry field.
6. Double-check you got it right, then click on the Restore button.
Destination means the external backup drive. Source means the internal startup drive.
If you want to copy files to the Destination without erasing the Destination, then you can do that using Drag and Drop. Select the files you wish to copy and drag them to the Destination drive. Note, that if the Destination is a boot drive, then be sure you only drag your files and data - no system files.