Currently Being ModeratedJun 17, 2013 12:04 AM (in response to CeeJaa@Mac)
- Command-click (right-click) on the Mail icon if it's in your dock
- Hover over "Options" in the menu
- If "Open at Login" has a tick next to it, deselect it
- Go to the "System Preferences"
- In the search box, start typing "login items" then choose it when it appears below
- Make sure Mail doesn't appear in that table, if it does, select it and choose the minus button at the bottom to delete it from the list
If Mail isn't there, I'd say a something is calling upon it to open at Start-up, make use of the login items list to see if that can help you figure out what might be opening Mail on you. It might be some stupid program that wants to send a registration email or something.
Where do you get most of you're apps from? Mac App Store or the internet?