HT1349: How to find the serial number of your Apple hardware productLearn about How to find the serial number of your Apple hardware product
Currently Being ModeratedJun 20, 2013 12:06 PM (in response to Michael John Raymond)
If the AirPlay icon isn't showing up in iTunes, there are some troubleshooting steps you can go through to resolve the issue:
If the AirPlay icon doesn't appear
Check for the AirPlay icon ( ) in the recently used apps section on your iOS device, or in iTunes on your computer (as in these articles about how to use AirPlay and how to use AirPlay Mirroring). The icon will only appear if your device or computer is logged onto a Wi-Fi network which has an AirPlay-enabled recipient, such as Apple TV (2nd generation or 3rd generation).
If you are still unable to see the AirPlay icon, try one of the following steps:
- Verify that your AirPlay-enabled devices have the most up-to-date software or firmware.
- Verify that your iOS device has Wi-Fi turned on. Enable Wi-Fi on your iOS device by going to Settings > Wi-Fi.
- Verify that all your AirPlay-enabled devices are logged on to the same home Wi-Fi network (check the home network names on your devices to confirm).
- If trying to AirPlay, or AirPlay mirror, to your Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation), ensure that AirPlay is enabled on your Apple TV as well. You can enable or disable AirPlay on Apple TV in the AirPlay menu: Settings > AirPlay
- Check Internet or network connectivity on all affected devices.
- Temporarily disable firewalls (both network and local) and security software. Security software and firewalls may block ports that AirPlay uses to stream content. You can often resolve issues with security software by updating, correctly configuring, or uninstalling security software.
- If attempting to use AirPlay from a third-party app or a website from your Safari app on your iOS device, confirm that the app or website is AirPlay compatible (refer to the developers of the app or website for additional information).
Currently Being ModeratedJun 20, 2013 12:15 PM (in response to Michael John Raymond)
Just so to be sure, the Airplay Icon was never, no matter what version of iTunes you have, in the "lower left hand corner"
In the older versions it was in the lower RIGHT hand corner, now it is in the upper left side of the window, between the volume fader and the information/current playing track screen.
More Like This
- Retrieving data ...
- This solved my question - 10 points
- This helped me - 5 points