Currently Being ModeratedJun 20, 2013 9:15 AM (in response to FrederiQ)
FrediriQ, Vlad has done excellent work with the built-in trackpad...however, for an external device with Bootcamp, I highly recommend the Logitech T650. It has a large glass surface, supports Windows 8 gestures if desired, and is relatively inexpensive at $65.
Currently Being ModeratedJun 21, 2013 1:00 AM (in response to 12David)
@12David: Please click 'Contact Author' on the page http://trackpad.powerplan7.com Thank you!
@FrederiQ: Trackpad++ is being developed only for Boot Camp-enabled rMBP/MBP/MBA built-in trackpads, not for the Magic Mouse. Sorry.
Currently Being ModeratedJun 24, 2013 1:03 AM (in response to V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r)
Regarding Mid-2013 Macbook Air support: with the help of remote testers** I have determined that it comes with a completely new trackpad (externally it looks 100% the same, but is very different internally - for the first time since 2009!).
**Very special thanks to Mr. David (12David), his assistance has been awesome!!
Dear All, if You could consider donating for the new MBA, that would be amazing... Because, now it is clear, only if I buy one, it would make possible creating Trackpad++ for it. If just ~50 people give 25 USD, that would be it. Remote testers cannot help anymore, because now I need BOTH to reverse-engineer and to perform complex real-time analysis. Which is not possible remotely.
Summary: please actively donate to get the Trackpad++ for Haswell MBA soon!
P.S. I would put the names of top 10 contributors in the About box of the Trackpad++ Control Module for Haswell MBA! Thank you in advance all the good people!
Currently Being ModeratedJun 26, 2013 6:13 PM (in response to V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r)
Any info about inverse horizontal scrolling?
Is it too difficult? Not possible? Not many people like the option? etc.
Currently Being ModeratedJul 5, 2013 9:38 AM (in response to V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r)
Here is the beta version of the new Trackpad++ driver: http://powerplan7.com/Trackpad_Plus_Plus_Driver_Control_Module_24b_BETA13_Setup_ 07052013.exe
- Mid-2013 Macbook Air support added;
- Windows 8.1 Preview support added;
- 3-finger dragging refactored, shall now be even closer to OS X implementation;
- Driver performance optimized, now nearly zero CPU usage even on the 1.3 Ghz Core i5 (tested on Haswell MBA);
- Other gestures and features are the same as in the previous version (2.4a).
Please post the feedback here.
Also, could someone test on the previous models (i.e. Air / Pro / Retina, any generation from Mid-2009 to Late-2012). You'll like the way 3-finger dragging has been reworked. Please post the feedback here.
Currently Being ModeratedJul 5, 2013 9:57 PM (in response to V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r)
Thanks a lot Vladimir! Much appreciated. Trying it out on my Macbook Air 2013 right now and I have to say that it's quite awesome to be able to do this in Windows 8!
One thing I noticed is that with the four finger gestures for back and forward, checking the box for inverting swipe direction doesn't seem to work for me. I click invert and then save, but it still has four fingers left for back and four fingers right for forward. I'd like to invert it to behave more like OSX's Safari.
Thanks again! Excellent work!
Currently Being ModeratedJul 6, 2013 2:50 AM (in response to Raytheon117X)
Thank you. Both defects shall be fixed in the new build:
Could you try and let me know. As always, please quit the Trackpad++ Control Module from the tray icon before reinstalling (right-click its '++' icon to see the exit option).
Currently Being ModeratedJul 7, 2013 7:25 AM (in response to James Ladd1)
@James_Ladd1: The reason is not clear to me, because the site seems to work well for other people, both historically and right now. E.g.: I can observe 43,000 downloads from the new server (plus 235,000 from the old mirror). And almost all of them directed from the website of the project. However, I do remember that a few months ago a few people had reported the same unavailability issue... And by the way all of them were inside the AT&T network... are you?
Beta-program is closed. Trackpad++ version 2.4b has been released a minute ago and is available for download.
Notice for existing users: as always, please exit the Trackpad++ Control Module from tray icon before reinstalling.
- Boot Camp-enabled Mid-2013 Macbook Air support added;
- Windows 8.1 Preview support added;
- 3-finger dragging refactored (to behave even closer to OS X implementation);
- Performance optimized: nearly zero CPU usage guaranteed even on 1.3 GHz Core i5;
- Minor fixes;
- Other features and gestures are the same as in the previous version.
For reference - here is the list of the multitouch gestures in this Trackpad++ version (for Windows 8 / 8.1):
- Horizontal 2-finger swiping to the left from outside the right edge (action: show/hide Charms Bar, http://powerplan7.com/OutsideSwipe.gif).
- Horizontal 2-finger swiping to the right from outside the left edge (action: show/hide Metro Switcher if at least 1 Metro app is running).
- Horizontal 4-finger swiping (action: back / forward);
- Vertical 4-finger swiping (action: minimize/restore the open windows).
- 4-finger tap (action: middle mouse button emulation).
- 3-finger dragging.