TS1490: iTunes for Windows can't access the Internet if proxy settings are incorrectLearn about iTunes for Windows can't access the Internet if proxy settings are incorrect
Currently Being ModeratedTS1490 Re: the ipod "ipod" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (3014)? how do i fix this ?Jun 21, 2013 9:39 AM (in response to cdn203)
This error indicates that iTunes is encountering an error when attempting to download the iPod software from our servers so that it may restore it to the iPod. Please see the following articles for further information and postential resolutions.
Unable to contact the iOS software update server gs.apple.com
Error 1004, 1013, 1638, 3014, 3194: These errors may be the result of the connection to gs.apple.com being redirected or blocked. Follow these steps to resolve these errors:
- Install the latest version of iTunes.
- Check security software. Ensure that communication to gs.apple.com is allowed. Follow this article for assistance with security software. iTunes for Windows: Troubleshooting security software issues.
- Check the hosts file. The restore will fail if there is an active entry to redirect gs.apple.com. FollowiTunes: Advanced iTunes Store troubleshooting to edit the hosts file or revert to a default hosts file. See section "Blocked by configuration: (Mac OS X/Windows) > Rebuild network information".
- Try to restore from another known-good computer and network.
- If the errors persist on another computer, the device may need service.
More Like This
- Retrieving data ...
- This solved my question - 10 points
- This helped me - 5 points