Currently Being ModeratedJun 24, 2013 6:29 AM (in response to cyborg2828)
It may be that the Bluetooth Preference Pane, and/or other system Bluetooth componenets have been damaged or are missing. Re-installing Mountain Lion should replace any missing or damaged components.
You can use the built-in recovery disk to install a new copy of OS X while keeping your files and user settings intact.
Important: You need to be connected to the Internet to reinstall OS X.
- Choose Apple menu > Restart. Once your Mac restarts (and the gray screen appears), hold down the Command (⌘) and R keys.
- If you’re not connected to the Internet, choose a network from the Wi-Fi menu (in the top-right corner of the screen).
- Select Reinstall OS X, and then click Continue.
- Follow the onscreen instructions. In the pane where you select a disk, select your current OS X disk (in most cases, it is the only one available).
- To start the installation, click Install.