Currently Being ModeratedJun 24, 2013 12:54 PM (in response to Robert Giroux)
Well I use to some times enoucnter an issue when reporting would fail. When I did, I would select the computer records that had the error. I would then get info on those effected computer record. I would change the reporting time/day of the week to a few minutes from the current time/day of the week. I would also make sure that the IP address i'm currently at is listed as the ARD server to report to in the computer record.
I would then wait a few minutes past the set reporting time, before trying to run a report.
What I did to fix this issue long tearm.
- make sure the clients are set allow ARD reporitng
- set ARD computer to have a static IP. (that way when the clients try to report in, they're reporting to the right computer)
- set ARD computer to never sleep, leave ARD open. (at least for date/times a client computer ould call in to report)
- for desktops, auto turn on/wakeup/boot on the day of the week they should report in. On the clients energy saver set so the computers wouldn't sleep for at least 30 minutes. set reporting on those client to be about 20 minutes after the computer boot/wakes/starts up.
- for laptops set reporting to happen at a time/day of the week client computer will most likely going to be on & connected to your network.
Depending on how many computers you have you may want to spread your reportings out.