Currently Being ModeratedJun 26, 2013 8:58 AM (in response to Yakito)
When you enter your password, does the window shake from side to side?
Currently Being ModeratedJun 26, 2013 9:10 AM (in response to Linc Davis)
Yes, not the whole Window just the input box.
Just finished a reinstall of the os and again same thing screen stalls on Apple logo andi have to turn off/on after that the password issue.
ideas this is getting ridicules why won't a correct password work?
Currently Being ModeratedJun 26, 2013 10:14 AM (in response to Linc Davis)
Thanks Linc I already tried thats several times and even though I am able to change the password then the login screen won't accept it.
The keyword works fine because I can use it in recovery mode
Currently Being ModeratedJun 26, 2013 10:26 AM (in response to Yakito)
I noticed something else. Even when I do the password reset and I change the password and the hint , I still see the old hint when I reboot as if nothing happened.
Currently Being ModeratedJun 26, 2013 1:31 PM (in response to Linc Davis)
Hello Linc, I tried that, the issue is the same if I can not pass the login screen then there is nothing I can test and the problem is with the login screen. The system is not recognizing my password. There are many posts here on the board but with no solution. I refuse to format my drive, there must be a workaround.
Currently Being ModeratedJun 26, 2013 1:58 PM (in response to Linc Davis)
Yes I am reinstalling mountain Lion again. I tried this already and didn't work keys see if it does this time. Unfortunately I don't have the disk so it is being downloaded from the app store...6 hours. .. it is really frustrating, no error no nothing.
Currently Being ModeratedJun 26, 2013 6:00 PM (in response to Yakito)
I just completed a downgrade to snow leopard and I get the exact same behavior,the is wont accept the right password for any user,this is frustrating I don't know what else to do and I also been rebooting and turning on and of my computer all day I am now worried data will be damaged.
I need instructions on how to solve this bug, any tip appreciated
Currently Being ModeratedJun 26, 2013 7:03 PM (in response to Yakito)
I just completed a downgrade to snow leopard
That wasn't what I suggested. I can't help with a Snow Leopard problem. Good luck.
Currently Being ModeratedJun 26, 2013 7:54 PM (in response to Linc Davis)
Thanks, good luck to you too...
I managed to solve the issue and I think it might help many people with the same problem as I couldn't find the solution anywhere else but I found lots of posts with the same issue.
How to solve the issue when the OS is not recognizing the correct password at the login screen:
- Boot your computer pressing the alt key or the C key if you are on any system below Lion. Ir order to do this restart or turn on your computer and press the key before the grey screen appear and hold it until you see the spinning wheel.
- In the new screen you will see a top menu (on anything under Lion you might need to press 'install' before you see the top menu and remember than on anything under Lion you will need a disk in order to boot)
- Go to utilities->terminal
- Navigate towards your user folder (the one you are trying to use for loggin in and isn't working)
- Your user folder should be something like '/Volumes/Macintosh HD/Users/YOUR USER NAME'
- If you are not sure run the command ls /Volumes/"Macintosh HD"/Users
- So run cd /Volumes/Macintosh HD/Users/MYUSERNAME
- Go into de Library Folder (run the command cd Library)
- Run the command mv Keychains Keychains.old
- Type reboot
- Log in normally and enjoy!
Note: Before doing this make sure the 'resetpassword' procedure does not work. In order to learn about it google for 'resetpassword terminal boot mac'
Hope this helps someone else and I also hope Apple takes care of the bug.
After I finish setting everything back to the place it were before I started messing around trying to solve this bug I will come back and explain why that works!
Currently Being ModeratedJun 27, 2013 6:38 AM (in response to Yakito)
Your solution perfectly works for me....
Currently Being ModeratedJun 27, 2013 7:30 AM (in response to PratikK)
Indeed this works for me as well
More Like This
- Retrieving data ...
- This solved my question - 10 points
- This helped me - 5 points