Currently Being ModeratedJul 2, 2013 7:30 AM (in response to ashishtv)
Welcome to Apple Support Communities! I'd take a look at the following info, which goes over what to do if you're experiencing an intermittent cellular data connection or you're unable to join 3G/4G/LTE network:
Follow the instructions below for assistance with troubleshooting cellular data issues on your iPhone. After performing each step, please test to see if the issue is resolved.
- Toggle airplane mode: Tap Settings, turn airplane mode on, wait three seconds, and then turn off again.
- Restart your iPhone.
- Ensure that your software is up to date:
- Remove the SIM Card and reinsert it. Allow the iPhone to acquire the network again.
- If your SIM card has SIM PIN enabled, try toggling it off: Tap Settings > Phone > SIM PIN.
- Try another location. If a different location works, but the original location still does not, contact your carrier to report the issue.
- Reset network settings: Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
- Restore the iPhone as new.
- Contact your carrier to:
- Verify that the iPhone is properly set up on the account with the appropriate, current data plan.
- Verify that there are no account-related blocks.
- Find out if there are specific error messages in the carrier logs that could help determine why the issue is occurring.
All the best,
Currently Being ModeratedSep 3, 2013 4:52 AM (in response to Delgadoh)
I had the same problem. Upgraded my ad iOS to 6.1.3 and functionalities stopped. Got the cellular data error although cellular setup was working.
I got this resolved by updating the APN settings under: Settings > Cellular Data > APN Settings.
On upgrading the IOS, this setting was reset. Identify the correct value in the APN settings for your provider. Should work again. Note this happens to SIM card bases iPads.