I'm trying to print a web page that I've created with a custom paper size of 4.5x10.25 inches. I want the page to be printed right to the edge of the paper, with no margins at all.
I've been reading for a few days and the best thing I can find is to use Mac's Page Setup dialog to create a custom paper size and custom margins, which I've done and set to the default for all of my printers. (Hopefully I'm able to post links to images --> http://i.imgur.com/kVbOZLk.png). No matter what I do though I can't get the margins to go away. There's always always always a .75 inch margin when I print and when I print preview (Again, hoping I can post links to images --> http://i.imgur.com/cxlVS8o.png). Just to note: The same thing happens printing other websites and documents (i.e it is not a problem with my website).
Things I've tried:
- I've read that the margins are only visible in print preview and printing the page will remove them. This didn't work.
- I've tried tricking the system by setting my margins to 0.01 inches
- I've tried adjusting the website to not be exactly the size of the page (I made it smaller) and the margins were still there.
- I've set "print.print_extra_margin" to 0 in Firefox's about:config page.
- I've tried a different printer.
- I've tried a co-worker's machine running a newer version of OSX.
- I've made absolutely sure that my page size it set correctly.
I'm using OSX 10.6.8 with Firefox v21.0.
The closest I can come to this is using Google Chrome, where there is a specific option for "none" in margins and the Chrome preview looks okay, but I'm not able to specify paper size unless I click "Print using system dialog" which gives me the same problems as above.
How do I remove the margins and just fit to the exact size of the page?