When I want to make a phonecall with my iphone5, I hear absolutely nothing....no ringing and no talking when connection established. When I make the same call but now on speaker, no problem or what so ever, can anyone help me ?
213 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 11, 2013 1:57 PM by pedro d
Currently Being ModeratedRe: When I want to make a phonecall with my iphone5, I hear absolutely nothing....no ringing and no talking when connection established. When I make the same call but now on speaker, no problem or what so ever, can anyone help me ?Jul 11, 2013 1:57 PM (in response to RobenCaatje)
Hello there, RobenCaatje.
The following Knowledge Base article is specific for the issue you're describing:
- Verify that there is nothing plugged in to the headset jack, including headsets, headphones, or adapters.
- Make sure the Ring/Silent switch is not switched to silent.
- While on the Home screen, adjust the volume buttons. If you see the icon below, indicating that headphones are attached, there may be debris or an object lodged in the headset jack:
- Check the headset jack. If there is an object lodged in the headset jack that is not easily removed, have the iPhone serviced to remove object.
- For Original iPhone: If there is light debris, such as lint, in the headset jack, try connecting a pair of headphones to the headset jack and then remove the headphones. Repeat this several times to remove the debris.
- If you have installed a protective film on the display, either ensure that the receiver is not covered or remove the film completely.
- Check the receiver mesh (which is on the top front of the device, above the display). If it appears blocked, use a clean, small, dry, soft-bristled brush to carefully and gently brush away any debris.
- If you have paired with a Bluetooth headset that is nearby, either use the headset or turn Bluetooth off (chooseSettings > General > Bluetooth).
- Restart the iPhone.
- If restarting the iPhone doesn't resolve the issue, try restoring the device.
- If the issue persists, go to the Service Answer Center - iPhone for information on service.
Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.