HT5312: Rescue email address and how to reset Apple ID security questionsLearn about Rescue email address and how to reset Apple ID security questions
Currently Being ModeratedJul 13, 2013 9:07 AM (in response to maddiepitt)
Take a look at this article I found for you named Rescue email address and how to reset Apple ID security questions found here http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5312
When you provide a rescue email address during Apple ID creation, you will receive an email from Apple to verify that the email address provided is accurate. If you don't see an email from Apple asking you to verify your rescue email address, you may want to check your SPAM folder. If you still haven't received the email from Apple, you can sign in to My Apple ID (appleid.apple.com) to resend your rescue email address. To resend your verification email, click on Password & Security. Then, click the Resend link located in the Rescue Email Address section.
You can edit or delete your rescue email address at My Apple ID. To edit your rescue email address:
- Navigate to My Apple ID using your web browser.
- Click "Manage your account"
- When prompted, sign in using your Apple ID and password.
- Click Password & Security
- You'll be asked to answer 2 of your 3 security questions before you can make any modifications. If you are unable to remember your answers, you can choose to send an email to your rescue email to reset your security questions.
Note: The option to send an email to reset your security questions and answers will not be available if a rescue email address is not provided. You will need to contact iTunes Store support in order to do so.
- After you've validated your identity by correctly answering your security questions, click Edit to the right of your rescue email address.