Currently Being ModeratedApr 9, 2013 12:21 AM (in response to Shoaib7988)
If your phone is not officially unlocked by the provider, it will probably be locked again after the iOS update, if you can get it to register again after the update.
If your phone has been officially unlocked, follow this article to update:
Currently Being ModeratedApr 10, 2013 12:17 AM (in response to Shoaib7988)
Check if the provider to which the phone is locked to offers unlocking:
Follow these instructions to unlock your iPhone:
- Check if your carrier offers unlocking. Only your carrier can unlock your iPhone.
- Contact your carrier and request an unlock.
- You may need to meet certain requirements to qualify for unlocking. This may take up to seven days.
- Once you receive confirmation that your iPhone unlock has been processed, back up your iPhone.
- Erase the contents of your iPhone.
- Complete the setup assistant and restore your backup.
copied from iPhone: About unlocking
Currently Being ModeratedJul 19, 2013 12:24 AM (in response to Shoaib7988)
Hard to say, as your provider may have different options included in your contract.
Contact your provider to find out, click on the blue link to see if your carrier offers unlocking:
More Like This
- Retrieving data ...
- This solved my question - 10 points
- This helped me - 5 points