Currently Being ModeratedJul 13, 2013 6:33 PM (in response to Maxjprg)
Hi, I've written a few Windows scripts for iTunes. If fact I have one that converts to Title Case, but it is a little rough & ready and also has a few other custom tweaks at present. I've been meaning to add a more polished version to the collection. I've a couple of other projects on the go but I'll see what I can do in the next day or so.
Currently Being ModeratedJul 13, 2013 8:42 PM (in response to turingtest2)
Hope you will find the time to put your mind on it in a near futur.
Thank you in advance.
Currently Being ModeratedJul 13, 2013 8:49 PM (in response to Maxjprg)
My knowledge in script is totaly zero but again if it's simpler i can totally be satisfied with a script who juste isolate or listed the songs and not one who directly correct the songs.
Currently Being ModeratedJul 14, 2013 7:56 AM (in response to turingtest2)
By the time the script has done the work of identifying which titles aren't in Title Case it has done all the hard work, so it might as well make the correction too.
Currently Being ModeratedJul 17, 2013 12:44 AM (in response to turingtest2)
dont want to be oppressive but i have posted on many forums and my only interesting answer is here.
Currently Being ModeratedJul 19, 2013 5:06 AM (in response to Maxjprg)
Sorry for the delay. The problem is much trickier than it first appears. I tried searching for a simple TitleCase routine that I could drop into one of my existing scripts but no joy, so I'm busy reinventing the wheel.
Currently Being ModeratedJul 19, 2013 5:03 PM (in response to Maxjprg)
I've uploaded the finished TitleCase script. You can select a bunch of tracks, or an entire playlist, and run the script. If you answer no at the first prompt you get a chance to review each proposed change and decide whether or not to allow it. Alternatively if you let it run in automatic mode you can sort the display on Date Modified immediately afterwards to review the results.
It shouldn't be too hard to update the TCase function in the script with special cases from your library. For example the Upper list includes things like DJ, EP, LP & MC, The Mixed list contains words that don't fit the standard Title Case form such as iTunes & McCloud. There is a separate list of Roman numerals that are currently converted to upper case, but a simple tweak can force them to lower case for those that prefer it. There is an Ignore list for words such as LA or US whose "correct" casing will depend on context so are best left as found. The Cons list contains contractions that can appear after an apostophe so these aren't converted to an initial cap in error. There are also some comments that hint at places where you could add any other personal rules.
I ran the script on around 10,000 tracks from my library and skipped about 20 tracks that have idiosyncratic spellings that it didn't seem worth adding exceptions for, such as Lily Allen's LDN. The script also corrected around 150 casing and trailing space errors that I was previously unaware of.
Currently Being ModeratedJul 21, 2013 5:33 AM (in response to turingtest2)
It's Awesome, You are Awesome, it'ls perfect tanks a thousand times !
Currently Being ModeratedJul 21, 2013 7:47 AM (in response to Maxjprg)
Shout out if you spot any obvious goofs it still manages to make or want a hand tweaking it.
Currently Being ModeratedJul 21, 2013 12:49 PM (in response to turingtest2)
Just runed the script on my library, take 6h30 but seems perfect.
i dont want to abuse of your time and your kindness but I dont think that would take a long for you : It is possible to create a similar script for albums ?
Currently Being ModeratedJul 21, 2013 4:45 PM (in response to Maxjprg)
In a way it would be much faster to correct your album names by hand, although if you're happy the process does what you want you can just leave it to run. ITunes can update 10 tracks as a unit much faster than it lets my scripts do it, particularly as the library size increases. There is also the danger that during the renaming iTunes will decide to "split" some albums, and it may not always choose to join them back up again when the last track on the album is updated. That said all the hard work is done. All that is needed is to change the working field in a couple of places. I suppose I could get it to fix Artist & Album Artist at the same time.
I'll post a revised version as soon as I can...