HT3209: iTunes: Purchasing and viewing HD videosLearn about iTunes: Purchasing and viewing HD videos
HT3209 I accidentally purchased the HD instead of regular DVD version of a movie. Can I exchange it for the regular version? I tried to just rent the regular version but it tells me I already rented the movie.
Currently Being ModeratedHT3209 Re: I accidentally purchased the HD instead of regular DVD version of a movie. Can I exchange it for the regular version? I tried to just rent the regular version but it tells me I already rented the movie.Jul 22, 2013 6:24 AM (in response to marfamarfamarfa)
Welcome to the Support Communities!
The two articles below should help you with this:
HD videos purchased from the iTunes Store are offered in 720p or 1080p1 and are compatible with iPhone 4 or later, iPad, iPod touch (4th generation or later), Apple TV, and computers. You may need to download your purchased video from iTunes in the Cloud in a lower resolution for your device.2
- Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed on your computer. You can download the latest version for free here.
- Open iTunes on your computer.
- From the Store menu, choose Store > Sign In, and then enter your Apple ID and password.
- Navigate to your Purchased page. Find it by clicking Movies or TV Shows from the top navigation bar in the iTunes Store, and then click Purchased from "QUICK LINKS" in the iTunes Store.
- Choose the appropriate video type: Movies or TV Shows.
- In the lower-right corner of the screen, deselect the box next to "Download HD When Available."
- Search for the desired video and click the download button.
- This should download the standard definition version to your computer so you can sync to your device.
I hope this information helps ....
Have a great day!
More Like This
- Retrieving data ...
- This solved my question - 10 points
- This helped me - 5 points