Currently Being ModeratedJul 22, 2013 2:38 AM (in response to Steve Zodiac)
As you can see the TC is running at its default IP address which is correctly
DHCP Range - 10.0.1.2 to 10.0.1.200
If the device is statically set to 192.168.1.170 you can never reach it from the TC.
You should move the IP address of the device so it matches the default settings of the TC.. or set to dhcp so it picks up an address automatically.. You will need to use the device user manual to find out how to do that.
But if you get stuck.. Plug it directly into a computer by ethernet.. set the ethernet port on the computer to 192.168.1.160 with subnet mask of 255.255.2550.. that is all you need.
You can then access the device on its old address and change it to the correct ip range.
Currently Being ModeratedJul 22, 2013 2:52 AM (in response to LaPastenague)
Thanks for that.
I can certainly adjust the value in the device's 'address' field from the 192.168.1.170 value that it used to be. The problem is that I don't know what to adjust that value to.
I have tried changing it to 18.104.22.168, as shown on the AU 'front page' as the IP address of the TC, but it didn't connect to my network.
I have also tried changing it to 22.214.171.124, which is the 'router address' shown on the AU Internet tab, but it still didn't connect.
Assuming I do 'get stuck'... (very likely, I think...) How exactly do I 'set the Ethernet port on the computer to 192.168.1.160 with a subnet mask of 255.255.2550'? (Incidentally did you mean '170 at the end of the first number group there, or should I really set it to '160?)
You see, I'm pretty clueless here...
Currently Being ModeratedJul 22, 2013 4:21 AM (in response to Steve Zodiac)
Okay, I've sorted out my problem and got my device talking on my network again.
Rather than messing about with my remote device, which I didn't really want to touch in case it buggered up something else, (it was changing the TC that caused the problems after all), I did it by changing my TC again.
I did it by going into AirPort Utility, choosing the 'Network' tab and clicking on the 'Network Options' button.
Doing that got me to a window where I could change the 'DHCP range' of my Time Capsule, and one of the options was '192.168'. I simply changed it to that, clicked the 'Save' button and, hey presto, my device reappeared on my network!
That said, my wi-fi printer has now stopped working... (I suspect I will be able to sort that, though.)