Currently Being ModeratedApr 20, 2013 12:14 PM (in response to Ray_J)
See if this helps...
Currently Being ModeratedApr 20, 2013 12:25 PM (in response to BDAqua)
This link refers to dealing with entries regarding address book. The application Address Book no longer exists it is now Contacts so I am a bit leery to try to do what was addressing a problem with address book.
Currently Being ModeratedJul 8, 2013 8:36 AM (in response to Ray_J)
For OSX Mountain Lion, in System Preferences, under Internet & Wireless section go to Mail, Contacts & Calendars.
Delete any accounts that you don't need.
For the rest, turn off (uncheck) all Contacts synchronization except for the one that you need, if any.
At the same time you should turn off any Mail, Calendar and Notes & Reminders as well as any other unused account features.
AddressBookSourceSync was killing the performance of my MacBook until I did this.
No need to fiddle with plist files, etc...
I use Microsoft Outlook 2011 for Personal Information Management functions anyways.
This fixed the problem for me.
Currently Being ModeratedJul 23, 2013 4:33 PM (in response to masterbrowser)
Good tips indeed and I will report back if it solved it for me. I had TWO Exchange accounts for the same work enterprise server but deleted one, and I actually use Outlook for my work email so hopefully your recommendation will do the trick. I now just have one exchange account and only checked Calendar and Calendars. I can see that my calendar is up to date (syncing with my work Outlook calendar) and a test fake address entry added to my work Outlook address book did show up (took about 3-4 minutes) on my Contacts. Fingers crossed
Currently Being ModeratedJul 23, 2013 9:22 PM (in response to strange cranium)
hmm...still getting the CalendarSync nuisance flag (and looking back at my original post I meant to say Calendar and Contacts. Don't know yet if AddressBookSourceSync will reappear as well (so far so good)
Currently Being ModeratedJul 30, 2013 6:15 PM (in response to Theo Gluck)
WELL - I saw this posted on another site:
"I had set my login keychain to lock after 15 minutes of inactivity. I disabled this, and am now not bothered by AddressBookSourceSync asking me to unlock the keychain."
Mine was set for 5 MINUTES!!! Just did this fix and hopefully THAT will do the trick.
Will report back
Currently Being ModeratedAug 1, 2013 8:45 AM (in response to Theo Gluck)
so far so good.......looks like this simple fix was all that was needed
Also realize I did not post that to do this:
launch Keychain Access (make sure your list of sites is open)
Go to the EDIT pull-down menu
Selecet "Change Settings" for Keychain Login
Currently Being ModeratedJan 13, 2014 8:38 PM (in response to Linc Davis)
I was having the same problem as Ray_J (I am on Lion 10.7.5. and the AddressBookSyncSource process began consuming high CPU ever since I switched on iCloud for contact syncing). Linc's solution has worked. Its only been a few minutes since I did what he suggests but usually by this time the CPU usage would have started. Hasn't so far. Thank you, Linc.
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 22, 2014 10:16 PM (in response to Linc Davis)
Thanks, Linc. Your procedure fixed my problem, which was essentially the same one Ray_J was seeing--Activity Monitor showed the process "AddressBookSourceSync" eating up 100% and more CPU time, even when the Contacts application wasn't running, so apparently something had gotten messed up in my ~/Library/Application Support/AddressBook folder, which was also messing up iCloud's attempt to sync my contacts. AddressBookSourceSync was also using tons of RAM, including about 1.7 gigagbytes of virtual memory, eventually creating so many swapfiles that it filled my Macbook's hard drive so that I couldn't really use the Mac. When I launched the Contacts application, it too spiked CPU, RAM, and virtual memory usage. Once I followed Linc's procedure, these problems stopped.
Currently Being ModeratedMar 28, 2014 9:33 PM (in response to John Sawyer1)
Linc's steps above have solved my problem. Just adding some more to my symptoms, the problems started once I turned on iCloud. I would also get the situation where I could update a contact on the Mac, and then a few seconds later it would revert to the previous version, as if Contacts and iCloud were confused. If I went to icloud.com with my browser and updated the contact there it would behave. Never really liked iCloud because of this. The steps above appear to solve this issue and also the CPU performance. System monitor no longer shows the process AddressBookSourceSync consuming CPU, in fact I hardly see it.