Currently Being ModeratedJul 17, 2013 11:48 AM (in response to V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r)
@ALL: (Actually important only for those who still need the legacy Trackpad++ version 2.3d) The issue has been fixed, and the setup file will be updated tomorrow. I will post again when the fix goes live.
Currently Being ModeratedJul 18, 2013 6:46 AM (in response to V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r)
So, this week's build incorporating the 2.3d fix is available now. PPA was updated, too (with minor fixes and, what's most important with official Windows 8.1 support).
For newcomers, here is a copy of the Trackpad++ 2.4b "What's New" info:
- Boot Camp-enabled Mid-2013 Macbook Air support added;
- Windows 8.1 Preview support added;
- 3-finger dragging refactored (to behave even closer to OS X implementation);
- Performance optimized: nearly zero CPU usage guaranteed even on 1.3 GHz Core i5;
- Minor fixes;
- Other features and gestures are the same as in the previous version.
For reference - here is the list of the multitouch gestures in this Trackpad++ version (for Windows 8 / 8.1):
- Horizontal 2-finger swiping to the left from outside the right edge (action: show/hide Charms Bar, http://powerplan7.com/OutsideSwipe.gif).
- Horizontal 2-finger swiping to the right from outside the left edge (action: show/hide Metro Switcher if at least 1 Metro app is running).
- Horizontal 4-finger swiping (action: back / forward);
- Vertical 4-finger swiping (action: minimize/restore the open windows).
- 4-finger tap (action: middle mouse button emulation).
- 3-finger dragging.
Currently Being ModeratedJul 18, 2013 1:01 PM (in response to V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r)
Thanks for the update. Going through the installation process, I wondered if I needed all of these?
Currently Being ModeratedJul 19, 2013 12:50 AM (in response to Contradel)
@Contradel: It's the behavior of Windows system, it keeps the previously installed driver packages (although only one, which has been installed last, is active, so there is nothing to worry about). So I recommend to keep everything as is. But what you could do ultimately is remove all of them, then reinstall using the recent version. Just, as always, please exit the Trackpad++ Control Module from its '++' tray icon before reinstalling.
Currently Being ModeratedJul 24, 2013 8:33 AM (in response to FrederiQ)
@Frederiq, @ALL: Yes, I am happy to officially announce that the 2-finger Pinch-to-Zoom operation will become available in the future version of the Trackpad++. The only issue is, at this moment of time I am not sure would this feature come to all MBA/MBP trackpads or just to selected models.
Currently Being ModeratedJul 25, 2013 11:25 PM (in response to pratnala)
@Frederiq, @pratnala: I hope for the Pinch-to-Zoom beta to arrive by September. What becomes clear now, is that Haswell MBA users will get this with 100% probability. I will keep the community updated.
Currently Being ModeratedJul 28, 2013 8:27 AM (in response to V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r)
I'm unable to download your drivers. It appears your website is down. I get the following:
This page can't be displayed
- Make sure the web address http://trackpad.powerplan7.com is correct.
- Look for the page with your search engine.
- Refresh the page in a few minutes.
Currently Being ModeratedJul 28, 2013 12:45 PM (in response to V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r)
I'm sorry if this question has already been asked. I have already successfuly installed Trackpad++ on my new MBP. I also have a new iMac 27. I tried to install Trackpad++ on it too but it does not work. Is Trackpad++ for Mackbooks only? If yes, is there a Windows driver for the Magic Trackpad on an iMac 27 other than the Bootcamp dirver which is not customizable?
Thanks in advance.
Currently Being ModeratedJul 29, 2013 4:28 AM (in response to Flashbean)
@roatan: From here, the website of the project has 100% availability. Maybe you could contact your internet provider and ask why it cannot be open.
@Flashbean: Correct, the Trackpad++ driver is for Macbooks only.
Currently Being ModeratedJul 29, 2013 11:27 PM (in response to Flashbean)
@Flashbean: Thank you very much. Honestly, some work is in progress since June, however, it's in an early stage. I think that during 2013 Magic Trackpad++ will not be supported. I will keep the community updated.
Currently Being ModeratedAug 1, 2013 12:28 AM (in response to V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r)
Ohh, can't wait! Vladimir, if you need yet another b-tester for the pinch to zoom function, please pick me BTW I've got Windows 8.1 up&running on rMBP. That is cool, Trackpad++ works beautifully on 8.1. Thanks again!!!