i delete the internet sharing from my i phone 5. how can i reset, i delete the internet sharing from my i phone 5. how can i reset
Currently Being ModeratedRe: i delete the internet sharing from my i phone 5. how can i reset, i delete the internet sharing from my i phone 5. how can i resetJul 27, 2013 11:44 AM (in response to lulait)
Check out this article named iOS: Troubleshooting Personal Hotspot found here http://support.apple.com/kb/ts2756
- Confirm that your iOS device, computer, and wireless plan all meet the system requirements for Personal Hotspot.
- Verify that Personal Hotspot is enabled by tapping Settings > General > Cellular > Personal Hotspot.
- Verify the Internet connection on your iOS device by tapping Safari and loading a new webpage.
- If one connection type doesn't work, try another (for example, instead of connecting using Wi-Fi, try using USB or Bluetooth).
- Try disabling and reenabling Personal Hotspot from Settings > Personal Hotspot or Settings > General > Cellular > Personal Hotspot.
- Install the latest version of iOS. Tap Settings > General > Software Update.
- Reset network settings by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
- If none of the previous steps resolves your issue, restore the iPhone.
If you encounter an issue using Personal Hotspot with other Wi-Fi devices, try the following:
- Turn Personal Hotspot off.
- Verify Wi-Fi is on in Settings > Wi-Fi.
- Turn Personal Hotspot back on.
- If another device is unable to join your Wi-Fi network, ensure that the user enters the Wi-Fi password correctly. If the device cannot see your Wi-Fi network, verify your device name.
Note: Windows may not properly display a device name that uses non-ASCII characters.
- Verify how many devices are currently using your Personal Hotspot. Depending on your wireless carrier and, the maximum number of Wi-Fi connections may be limited to three at one time.
- If the other device still cannot connect, try turning Wi-Fi off and on again on the device. Verify that your device can see other Wi-Fi networks.
Note: If you see an "Unable to Join" or timeout error when trying to connect a device using Wi-Fi, ensure that you remain on the Personal Hotspot screen until the first device connects. After a device has connected, you can leave the Personal Hotspot screen and use your phone normally. Your device will automatically stop broadcasting using Wi-Fi if you put your device to sleep or after 90 seconds elapse with no devices connected using Wi-Fi. You can start broadcasting your Wi-Fi network again by tapping Settings > Personal Hotspot.
All the best,