Skip navigation

Initial Time Machine Backup. Event Store UUIDs Don't Match.

1016 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 27, 2013 8:47 PM by BDAqua RSS
avazi924 Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Jul 24, 2013 8:01 AM

This is an initial backup and 25% (about 100 GBs) of the backup completed in 1 Hour. The remaining 75% (about 300 GBs) is stuck at the same place for 9 hours now.

 

I'm working on a MBP Mid-2009 15", 3.06 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X 10.5.8.

All software is up-to-date.

Backup Drive is a Seagate 2GB (USB), Formatted for Mac OS Extended (Journaled)

No 3rd Party Backup Software or 3rd Party Security installed.

Spotlight has already been re-indexed.

Name of Computer is: MBP 2013

 

Time Machine Buddy indicates only that the Event Store UUIDs Don't Match. No error messages. Other discussion posts say wait. Any other suggestions? Is there a way to reset the Event Store UUIDs?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)
  • BDAqua Level 10 Level 10 (114,825 points)

    Hello,

    Event store UUIDs don't match  naming your internal HD or any other drive/partition being backed-up.  Time Machine can't be sure the OSX internal log of file changes that it normally uses is correct. 

    This happens in the following circumstances:

    1. The first backup of a disk, or to a new location
    2. After booting from your install disc, Recovery HD, or a different OSX volume (usually)
    3. A full restore
    4. Certain hardware repairs (e.g., new internal disk or logic board)
    5. Removal of large exclusions
    6. A very large volume of changes (especially an OSX update)
    7. An improper shutdown of your Mac, or improper disconnection or power loss on the Time Machine drive
    8. If it's an external HD, an improper shutdown or disconnection of the drive
    9. A failed or cancelled backup
    10. Many days without a backup

    http://pondini.org/TM/A6.html

     

    Is this Seagate drive Bus powered, or does it have AC power?

     

    I bolded what I think is the cause in your situation.

  • BDAqua Level 10 Level 10 (114,825 points)

    Well, I dislike TM myself, never use it due to all it's quirks, & even IF it appears to work, when it comes time to use it/relly on it, you may find more quirks or nearly impossible to use.

     

    If you wish o continue trying TM, I'll certainbly try to help, or even ask for help from others, but...

     

    Get carbon copy cloner to make an exact copy of your old HD to the New one...

     

    http://www.bombich.com/software/ccc.html

     

    Or SuperDuper...

     

    http://www.shirt-pocket.com/SuperDuper/

     

    Or the most expensive one & my favorite, Tri-Backup...

     

    http://www.tri-edre.com/english/tribackup.html

     

    Does everything TM & the others can do & much more.

Actions

More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

  • This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.