Currently Being ModeratedJul 26, 2013 12:27 PM (in response to citlalli dunne)
Forgot Your Account Password
For Lion/Mountain Lion
Boot to the Recovery HD:
Restart the computer and after the chime press and hold down the COMMAND and R keys until the menu screen appears. Alternatively, restart the computer and after the chime press and hold down the OPTION key until the boot manager screen appears. Select the Recovery HD and click on the downward pointing arrow button.
When the menubar appears select Terminal from the Utilities menu.
Enter resetpassword at the prompt and press RETURN. Follow
instructions in the dialog window that will appear.
For Snow Leopard and earlier with installer DVD
For Snow Leopard and earlier without installer DVD
Currently Being ModeratedJul 26, 2013 2:01 PM (in response to citlalli dunne)
No, it is not the same. That's not how to boot from the disc. Do this:
Booting From An OS X Installer Disc
1. Insert OS X Installer Disc into the optical drive.
2. Restart the computer.
3. Immediately after the chime press and hold down the "C" key.
4. Release the key when the spinning gear below the dark gray Apple
5. Wait for installer to finish loading.
More Like This
- Retrieving data ...
- This solved my question - 10 points
- This helped me - 5 points