Currently Being ModeratedApr 28, 2013 3:49 PM (in response to icecros)
Io ho un car kit tom tom per ipod touch, e non riesco a connettermi al gps nemmeno ripristinando posizione e privicy e riavviando il programma di navigazione come da voi detto. Chiedo aiuto a tutti per poter risolvere questo problema
Currently Being ModeratedJun 28, 2013 4:47 AM (in response to MusicCog)
Not realising the IOS6 upgrade had effected my Tomtom on my IPOD Touch, I was waiting patiently for that illusive signal that was never gonna turn up, after many hrs and head scratching I decided to jack it. The next dayi started to investigate and found it was a huge problem that Apple had created and ignored!!, thanks to so many of you trying varying methods to get it working i have today 2 months after upgrading to IOS6 and many tried many different options, I finally got it going. It was simple really just follow the below instructions and it should work for all.
- Deactivate automatic time update and time zone
- Turn off wi-fi
- Reset location permissions
- Turn off all location services (including find my IPOD etc)
- Restart your device
- Start your tomtom car kit tool
- Start your Tom tom GPS
Hey presto and now it works
P.S still very disapointed in Apple for not even attempting to help resolve the issue, going back to Blackberry (Z10 rocks)
Currently Being ModeratedJun 28, 2013 8:05 AM (in response to Mitchym10)
You mentioned to turn of wifi. Can I turn it on afterwards or will I loose the signal again?
If you should leave it in offline mode, there is no possibility to recieve traffic updates (maybe with bluetooth pairing).
Currently Being ModeratedJul 7, 2013 3:35 PM (in response to icecros)
I have the the same issues - wasting a tremendous amount of time, reading all the hints. I am using a non-3G iPad2 with iOS6.1.3 together with a GNS2000 external Bluetooth GPS/Glonass receiver.
the automatic time setting (now disabled) [this didn't solve the issue]
reset of the privacy settings [also didn't solve the issue]
nothing worked, then (unfortunately) I did two changes at the same time - I disconnected my Windows Notebook from the iPad Bluetooth list (I "un-paired" it) and switched the iPad off (red slider) and reboot the iPad.
After these two changes it seems to work now, even with two apps in parallel ..
So I am suspecting that other devices, either connected, or just only in the Bluetooth device list visible, may interfere with the apple specific Bluetooth protocol.
Anyway, I am really disappointed by reading all these comments here about the quality of the software updates...
Currently Being ModeratedJul 25, 2013 6:14 PM (in response to thymjan)
Today I received an email from Dual which simply fixed the problem with the external bluetooth gps receiver!
1. Turn bluetooth-device off
2. On iOS device go to Settings->Bluetooth and find your external gps device, tap on the blue arrow, than tap on "Forget this device"
3. Close all applications
4. Hold power-off-button an swipe to shut down your iOS device
5. Turn it on again
6. Turn on your external Bluetooth GPS-receiver
7. Go to Settings->Bluetooth find your gps-receiver an tap on it to pair
8. Here we go! GPS-receiving should work again!
Thanks you guys at Dual!
Currently Being ModeratedJul 27, 2013 10:25 AM (in response to thymjan)
This is the same "solution" that was offered when the problem originally surfaced more than half a year ago. It is only a temporary fix, and the problem will surface again.
Currently Being ModeratedJan 28, 2014 7:49 AM (in response to icecros)
After two years of fooling around with this and trying every possible key combination, I finally hit upon something that works. I run iPad4 with iOS7 and a Nav program, navmatics charts and tides.
1 - close all programs (double tap home button, up swipes)
2 - open the Dual app, it starts tracking right away.
3 - open your Nav program
90% of the time! this works. The other 10% I have to close and reopen the Nav program. It never fails. Apparently, opening Dual's own GPS app somehow points Location Services to the XGPS150. If I open another program (eg, radar) I will close that program per step 1 (just the radar program) and then tap on the Nav app. About 80% of the time this alone works. Otherwise I go back to steps 1-3. This is still a pain but it's faster than a reset or rebooting.