HT4448: About Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation) software updatesLearn about About Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation) software updates
HT4448 Why does my apple TV say it needs hdcp compatibility. It never said that before. Now my apple tv is not working.
2044 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 30, 2013 7:06 AM by allen a
Currently Being ModeratedHT4448 Re: Why does my apple TV say it needs hdcp compatibility. It never said that before. Now my apple tv is not working.Jul 30, 2013 7:06 AM (in response to Rickpoulette)
The following article provides further information and could very well help get your Apple TV and your television cooperating again.
If HDCP authentication does not succeed, you may see one of the following symptoms:
- A message may appear on your television stating "This content requires HDCP for playback. HDCP isn't supported by your HDMI connection."
- You may see periodic bands of static, or full screen static, flashing across your TV screen.
- Connect your Apple TV (2nd generation) directly to your HDTV using an HDMI cable.
- Set your Apple TV and HDTV to off or sleep mode
- From the Apple TV interface, select: Settings -> Sleep Now.
- Turn off your TV and wait for about 10 seconds.
- Turn your TV back on.
- Press the Select button on your Apple TV remote to wake your Apple TV.
- Some HDTVs may need a firmware update. Consult your TV manufacturer's user manual or online support pages for additional information about how to update your TV's firmware.
- If available, try using a different HDMI to HDMI cable, such as an Apple HDMI to HDMI cable, directly between your Apple TV (2nd generation) and 720p HDCP-compatible HDTV.
More Like This
- Retrieving data ...
- This solved my question - 10 points
- This helped me - 5 points