Currently Being ModeratedJul 28, 2013 9:08 AM (in response to ttezcan)
Try restarting your iPhone (turn it off and back on) if you havent already. Follow the steps contained in the link below:
Hopefully this will help
Currently Being ModeratedJul 28, 2013 9:11 AM (in response to ttezcan)
If you are describing this scenario use this Doc
Currently Being ModeratedJul 28, 2013 9:14 AM (in response to ttezcan)
i have already tried them, but my problem is different.
when i try to back up , itunes ask for password to neter in t screen. but i cannot type the password because screen is frozen.
when i try to sync my iphone to itunes, same problem occurs.
Currently Being ModeratedJul 28, 2013 9:27 AM (in response to Peter Gillespie)
- Disconnect the USB cable from the device, but leave the other end of the cable connected to your computer's USB port.
- Turn off the device: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red slider appears, then slide the slider. Wait for the device to turn off.
- While pressing and holding the Home button, reconnect the USB cable to the device. The device should turn on.
- Continue holding the Home button until you see the "Connect to iTunes" screen. When this screen appears, release the Home button.
- iTunes should alert you that it has detected a device in recovery mode. Click OK, and then click Restore to restore the device.
while i try these, at the end of downloading it again asks for password but i cannot type even though i know my password.
Currently Being ModeratedJul 28, 2013 9:34 AM (in response to ttezcan)
You might just have a hardware fault ,in which case take iPhone to an Apple Retail Store Genius bar for them to look at it
but first try this