My ipad3 is unable to download any app from the store. Once i click "install", it does not ask for the apple ID password. But later on, it says "cannot connect to itunes store". I tried the date trick but it didn't work. Does anybody else have the same problem? Can anybody help me fix this problem?
This is what I've done, since none of the others seems to work.
I use multiple IDs, multiple Wifi networks at home, so I guess the poor iPad is always confused.
1. Sign out of Appstore, iTunes and double check that your Settings, Store area has an empty Apple ID.
2. If possible, connect to an alternative wifi network in your area and then connect back on your own network
3. Turn on airplane mode
4. Wait about 30 seconds
5. Turn off your ipad using the power button and slide the power off slider
6. Wait another 30 seconds (if you feel like it)
7. Turn it back on
8. Check your network is ok, use safari to go to a website
9. Launch Appstore and go to the PURCHASED area (important)
10. Login using yr AppleID
11. After login, immediately go to the updates section and update an outstanding app, it should do it without an error.
Had the same "can't connect" issue with iPad2 so read through all the suggestions. First tried
Settings > General > Date & Time > turn Set Automatically to On, but no joy.
(Next step worked but not sure if the Auto date change was a factor.)
Next step was to go back into Settings > iTunes, click on AppleID, sign out and turn device off.
I waited a good minute, maybe more, before turning back on then signing back into iTunes.
I was required to confirm my method of payment (I took the opportunity to change credit card) and problem was resolved.
Thanks to all for the multiple suggestions. I recommend you keep trying and something will most likely work - helped develop my patience muscle! Happy day to anyone who reads this post!!
It is so frustrating to use ipad mini. Even my 7 yr old sony vaio laptop runs faster than mini.
1. Cannot connect to itunes server
2. server not available
3. pls check your internet connection and try again later
These are frequent messages I receive.
I am not able to connect to update server and rarely it connects to it.
Safari frequently disconnects.
I am sending this message from my Note 2.
Are you listening Apple? Come on you are lot better than this.
Team pls suggest what to do...I am frustrated why the mini is behaving like this.
This may be a bit different, but my apple ID has gone haywire, it started off with just updates like above^ but then i couldn't do anything on the apps store because after i entered my ID it 'couldn't connect' i made the mistake of signing out of my apple ID, because now i cannot sign back in. Has anyone got any ideas?