Skip navigation

Am I the only one to HATE the new iTunes?!

200140 Views 2,221 Replies Latest reply: Mar 29, 2014 3:38 PM by Chris CA RSS Branched to a new discussion.
  • Chris CA Level 9 Level 9 (73,410 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 31, 2013 3:26 PM (in response to Honeycroft)

    Honeycroft wrote:

     

    Can't sync over wifi as don't have enough. I paid for 15GB but between iPhone and iPad it exceeds that.

    Sycning over wifi is between your computer and your iPhone over the same wifi network.

    I highly doubt you have a limited amount of data moved over your own wifi network.

  • Honeycroft Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 31, 2013 4:03 PM (in response to Csound1)

    Sorry my bad. iTunes Match? What's that?

  • Honeycroft Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 31, 2013 4:06 PM (in response to Chris CA)

    Oh is it. Sorry I was meaning backing up to storage. I never sync as it ends up wiping stuff off my iPhone or trying to add 300+ to it.

     

    I've gone off apple and iTunes and that. It may be great for some but I've had a good innings (4 years) and its time for md to find something that works better for me.

  • oneluis Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 31, 2013 4:20 PM (in response to Honeycroft)

    I have had enough and after losing playlist after playlist and library after library , that was unrecoverable as they became corrupted as iTunes continues to crash I said enough have tested jRiver for 3 weeks now no problems and works faster and better than iTunes… no goodbye iTunes best 50 dollars I ever spent 

  • Csound1 Level 7 Level 7 (32,380 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 31, 2013 4:55 PM (in response to Honeycroft)

    Honeycroft wrote:

     

    Sorry my bad. iTunes Match? What's that?

    A service to put all of the music that was not purchased via iTunes in the iTunes cloud lbrary storage

  • DrJeff_92677 Level 1 Level 1 (30 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 31, 2013 5:06 PM (in response to Thronborg)

    My friend did that, got rid of his iPhone 4S to get the Galaxy 4, and now he wishes he had the iPhone 4S features not available on the Galaxy. Specifics? You'd have to check with others who've switched.  If I were starting off with a device, I might be attracted to Galaxy, but not at this pointt given the collection of very useful APPs that only work with the iphone.

  • biggs33 Calculating status...
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 31, 2013 5:17 PM (in response to Csound1)

    Actually not ALL of the music, I would have signed up but even though you pay a premium, it only holds a certain number of GB or songs. It would not hold all of my songs, and as per Apple normal it was not clear how it chose, so forget it. Guess their Cloud isn't that large?

  • Csound1 Level 7 Level 7 (32,380 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 31, 2013 5:29 PM (in response to biggs33)

    It holds 25,000 songs, so if you have ripped more than 25,000 you are correct, not all will be matched.. This does not include songs purchased from iTunes.

     

    And the Premium is less than 50 cents a week.

  • Thronborg Calculating status...
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 31, 2013 7:12 PM (in response to TunesFan)

    TunesFan wrote:

    I adapted to the new iTunes because that's what people do. Could you imagine if we were all still using Corel Show for presentations? It's called "evolution" and that's what the new iTunes is all about.

     

    Why don't we all go back to horse and carriage too because it's easier to fix a horse than it is to figure out how to re-build an engine.

    Hmm.....

    It has historically always been a few who think as you. "We do as our king and everyone else is doing because it must be right".

     

    Why do not all buy a Porche instead of a Ford, it's so much faster?

     

    Normal poeple in the world buy things because they play a role in each other's lives. Some do it to be hip and for the simple reason that they can brag to their friends that they have the latest iTunes 11, a Porche or a PC with 1000 terabytes memory, but fills it to their needs, that's what you really need?

     

    Thronborg

  • mmc2elgin Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 31, 2013 8:08 PM (in response to Thronborg)

    The problem (That seems to be industry wide),is the pressure to Update/Upgrade everytime you turn around.Sometimes they use sneaky ploys to get you to install them,and then uninstalling them can be challenging to say the least.There always are bugs and learning curves associated with most of these "Improvements",some are easy, others are like starting all over again...One big problem with the exponentially evolving gadgetry seems to be the increasing draw on memory and processors.My older equipment seems to be suffering with crashing and hanging in response to these new demands,and replacing this perfectly functional equipment is expensive.Then even if you scrimp, save, and ultimately buy the latest greatest thing ,its not going to be able to handle what the developers are planning for just around the corner.Very Depressing

  • Thronborg Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 31, 2013 8:57 PM (in response to mmc2elgin)

    You are so right mmc2elgin.

    I hope that some day we say, stop! This GPS, computer, OS is ok, its perfect, it has everything we new and has zero bugs. Fantastic cant we stop with that.

     

    No.

     

    New people arriving to the world and new computer users without the knowledge that we have. For a 18 years old guy, bugs, and being a member of a forum is the normal condition. To spend 1+3 hours on internet to figure out how things works is ok for them.

     

    For me the computer is just a tool i use for doing different tasks like i use the car for going and shopping, i use the lawnmover when the grass is to high. Should we accept that we must be a member of the Ford and Briggs&Stratton forum to start the car or cutting the grass?

     

    Thronborg

  • Honeycroft Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 31, 2013 11:40 PM (in response to Thronborg)

    Great points made by thronborg and mmm2elgin. I agree.

     

    Some sheep will just bleat on about how great apple are because thy are consumed by its brand image and seduced by its power.

     

    Have u ever tries used an iphone3GS AFTER using the 4S? It's *****. It's so slow and the screen isn't as good. How we sang its praises when it was the latest must have. The iPhone 4S and iPhone 5 will be a relic soon too. The trouble is apple don't seem to be making any great strides with either product development or software development.

     

    IOS has almost monthly fixes, iTunes (well we all know what side of the fence we are there). They couldn even get their maps and GPS app to work properly (that was embarrssing).

     

    What will next new iPhone do? What features will make us think we must upgrade? Steve Jobs absence proves how pivotal he was in apple. Without him they have lost their way in the market and I think the wow factor has departed with him.

     

    I just had a go on my girlfriends Samsung 4. Wow. It feels and looks fantastic and the screen is so much bigger. Plus u can add memory card up to 64GB. Drag and drop files to/from of to transfer data. I want one!

     

    Someone said iTunes and iCloud are completely different. The. Someone pips in about I match using iCloud storage. So they are linked (as I thought). It's all a rip off. I got box app with 50GB FREE STORAGE.

     

    I can't see the point of iTunes Match one bit.

     

    So it seems there are people that LOve apple and won't have a bad word said against them. And then there are rep people who have lost their love Interest with apple and seek a new relationship with something else.

     

    Apple really need to come up with some innotavive (I watch?) and groundbreaking phones or they will end up like Liverpool FC. Leaders once upon a time but now always trying to keep up with the competition.

  • Csound1 Level 7 Level 7 (32,380 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 1, 2013 5:12 AM (in response to Honeycroft)

    You can't resist changing the truth can you.

    Honeycroft wrote:


    Someone said iTunes and iCloud are completely different. The. Someone pips in about I match using iCloud storage. So they are linked (as I thought). It's all a rip off. I got box app with 50GB FREE STORAGE.

    What I actually said was:

    Csound1 wrote:


    A service to put all of the music that was not purchased via iTunes in the iTunes cloud lbrary storage

    That's the iTunes match quote, no mention of iCloud.

    Honeycroft wrote:

     

    I can't see the point of iTunes Match one bit.

    That is quite obvious.

    Honeycroft wrote:

     

    I got box app with 50GB FREE STORAGE.

     

    This of course is a simple lie, Box comes with 5GB of free storage (the same as iCloud) here are the rates for Box storage plans.


    Screen Shot 2013-08-01 at 7.05.10 AM.png


    50GB is not free, it is $600 per year, why tease other users with 'facts' that are untrue?

     

    I have no problem with criticism of Apple, I have a problem with those who make up stories in order to bolster their complaint. Liars are easy to spot, and very boring to read.

  • Honeycroft Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 1, 2013 5:17 AM (in response to Csound1)

    Csound. I have 50GB free storage with box - FACT!

     

    I can prove it but this forum won't allow me to attach photo.

     

    So don't call me a liar!!!! What does that make u.

     

    iCloud is a cloud service. Don't split hairs!!

  • Csound1 Level 7 Level 7 (32,380 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 1, 2013 5:26 AM (in response to Honeycroft)

    Honeycroft wrote:

     

    Csound. I have 50GB free storage with box - FACT!

     

    I can prove it but this forum won't allow me to attach photo.

    Post your photograph, stop making excuses.

     

    The Box site says that 5GB is free and 50GB is chargeable at $20 per month, so I do not believe you at all unless and until you can show us the deal that you claim to have. I also have a Box account, a free one, it came with 5GB of storage space, not 50GB. I do not believe that you are telling the truth and as you are unwilling or unable to explain how you did this, and therefore how others may I have no reason to change my opinion of your apparent mendacity

     

    iCloud is a cloud service but all cloud services are not iCloud, I am sorry that you can not understand that, it is a simple matter.

Actions

More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (25)

Legend

  • This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.