HT2519: Download past purchasesLearn about Download past purchases
When you see your purchased iTunes content in iTunes, does it have a cloud icon with a downward facing arrow next to it?
If you see this, that means you're streaming it from the iTunes servers, and the songs are not actually on your computer. You can click on that cloud with arrow button to download the songs to the computer first before you can transfer them over to your iPod nano.
If you don't want to click on every download button, you can follow these steps to download them all at once:
- Open iTunes on your computer. (You can download the latest version of iTunes here.)
- If you're not already signed in, choose Store > Sign In, and enter your Apple ID and password.
- After you've signed in, click on the iTunes Store button located in the upper-right of your iTunes library.
- From the top navigation bar in the iTunes Store, click on the content type you're looking for (Music, Movies, TV Shows, Apps, or Books).
- Click Purchased located in the Quick Links section on the resulting page.
- From your Purchased page, you can click the tab for Music
- Click All Songs and choose "Not in My Library" to view your purchased content that currently is not downloaded on your computer.
- In the bottom right corner of the list of songs, there is a button that says "Download All"
Once you have the songs download to your computer, you can then sync the songs to your iPod nano.