Currently Being ModeratedAug 13, 2013 11:42 PM (in response to Peter Deep1)
Did you ever get this situation resolved?
I have just setup a new mac mini and have the same problem. I can find my 2009 wireless keyboard which says 'Neville's Keyboard' which I used to have paired with my now dead iMac.
Currently Being ModeratedAug 13, 2013 11:51 PM (in response to Peter Deep1)
I assume you have already seen this support article...
Currently Being ModeratedAug 13, 2013 11:54 PM (in response to nbar)
If you are having problems with getting an Apple Wireless Bluetooth keyboard, mouse or trackpad from connecting to your Mac (iMac, Macbook or Mac Pro), you can try this trick. The following mentions the keyboard, but it should work for other wireless devices that have a on/off switch of the contact type (i.e. press on and off, rather than a physical slide switch).
- Switch off the keyboard by holding down the power button for at least 3 seconds
- Click the Bluetooth icon in the menu bar
- Click on “Set Up Bluetooth Device”
- Turn on the keyboard by holding down the power button, BUT DO NOT LET GO OF THE POWER BUTTON. It must be kept held down through the entire process.
- The Setup Assistant will find the keyboard, so click the name of the keyboard, and then click on “Continue”. Make sure you are still holding the power button down.
- You will be prompted for the Pairing Code. You can now release the power button, type the pairing code on the keyboard and then press return. There will be a slight delay whilst the pairing completes (a few seconds)
- The keyboard will now be Paired.
Currently Being ModeratedAug 14, 2013 12:57 AM (in response to nbar)
I hadn't seen the article so thanks. No luck though.
For the first time since having this problem i did get the pairing code come up and I was able to enter the code as I would expect I.e. enter a digit and the screen shows this and moved on. Two problems though; 6 is non recognised and sometimes it skips over very quickly on other numbers like I have pressed the key too many times. Needless to say I very carefully selected the keys. I have tried switching to a different input region I.e swapping between UK and US but still no luck.
The keep power button pressed also doesn't work.
Any further help very much appreciated.
Currently Being ModeratedOct 2, 2013 12:37 AM (in response to nbar)
tried lots of other stuff; this one [holding down power button] worked! Thanks!
Currently Being ModeratedNov 20, 2013 3:22 AM (in response to nbar)
Thank you!!! I had been trying everything and this is the ONE suggestion that worked. I am now happily typing away on my keyboard with my iPad. Your help is much appreciated.