Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.
For more information on this, take a look at:
iOS: How to transfer or sync content to your computer
To sync contacts with your computer, choose "Sync Contacts with" within iTunes for Windows, or "Sync Address Book Contacts" on your Mac.
You can sync your contacts with:
- Microsoft Outlook 2003, Microsoft Outlook 2007, Microsoft Outlook 2010 (Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7)
- Windows Address Book (Windows XP)
- Windows Contacts (Windows Vista / Windows 7)
- Address Book (Mac OS X)
- Microsoft Entourage 2004, Microsoft Entourage 2008, or Microsoft Outlook 2011 for Mac
Note: If using Microsoft Entourage, use Microsoft Entourage 2008 12.1.2 or later if syncing with Mac OS X v10.6 or later. If you would like to sync data on your Mac with Entourage, enable syncing between Entourage and Address Book.
- When syncing contacts, you can choose to sync all of your contacts or only selected groups. The option to sync selected items may not show up until after the first sync.
- You can select a group of contacts to which all new contacts created on your iOS device will be added.
- Additional options for syncing include syncing your contacts with Yahoo or Gmail/Google Mail. You will need to configure it with the user name and password for your Yahoo or Google account.
Best of luck,
Thank you, but this not working for me as when I go for Sync Contacts with Outlook (this being the only option) I get an alert message saying that all the current contacts on the phone will be replaced with the ones from Outlook. My outlook is empty, no contacts at all. What if I lose all my over 600 contacts?
I have an old iOS and I'm affraid if I upgrade to iOS5 I might lose all that I have on the phone, like books, messages, contacts, apps etc. What is the safest way to go Mario?
Your contacts are automatically backed up once you sync your iPhone to iTunes or iCloud.
Follow this guide to export all your contacts in a VCF file. Then email that file to yourself on the iPhone and open the file to import it into the iPhone's address book.
It seems iPhone 3GS supports iCloud.
You can search on this place: https://discussions.apple.com/community/icloud/icloud_on_my_pc
Alternatively, you can read this guide to get more information.
Hope that may help you.
Here's how to transfer contacts from iPhone to PC.In addition to creating a backup, a sync with your computer allows you to manage contacts, calendars, and bookmarks on your computer.
You can sync contacts, calendars, bookmarks, and notes with other applications on your computer. This allows you to keep all your information in sync across multiple computers and iOS devices. The settings for these items are all in the Info tab for your iOS device in iTunes. With your iOS device connected to the computer, select your iOS device. Then click the Info tab.