1489 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 27, 2013 7:52 AM by Delgadoh
It looks like you have a MacBook, so I'd start troubleshooting the trackpad issues with these steps:
- Try disconnecting the MagSafe connector from the computer and check the trackpad function. If the trackpad becomes responsive again, improper grounding may be the issue.
- If a two-prong AC plug is being used with the power adapter, try using the three-prong power cable that shipped with your computer and plug it into a grounded outlet.
- If the issue persists, make sure the third prong is present and do not use an adapter to enable the three-prong adapter to be used in a two-prong outlet. Note that the ground in the three-prong outlet may not be connected. This is common in older homes or buildings with replaced outlets. In these situations, the three-prong power cable will not improve trackpad responsiveness.
- If a grounded outlet is not available, rest your palm on the palm rest when using the trackpad. This should enable the trackpad to function properly.
And, also, the steps in this document:
Have a great day,
More Like This
- Retrieving data ...
- This solved my question - 10 points
- This helped me - 5 points