Currently Being ModeratedAug 27, 2013 8:48 AM (in response to barrynunnick1952)
It sounds like you are getting the connect to iTunes image on your Apple TV and cannot proceed past that. I found an article with steps you can take when you encounter this:
If your Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation) still does not respond
If have a micro USB cable (sold separately), you can restore your Apple TV from iTunes:
- Disconnect the power and HDMI cables from Apple TV. Note: If you do not disconnect the power cable before connecting the micro USB cable, you will not see Apple TV in the iTunes Source list.
- Connect one end of a micro USB cable to the back of your Apple TV, and the other end to one of your computer's USB ports.
- Apple TV (3rd generation) only: Reconnect the power cable to your Apple TV.
- Open iTunes on your computer.
- Select your Apple TV in the Source list, and then click Restore.
Your Apple TV will restore to its factory settings, and will also download and install the latest Apple TV software update. This process may take some time.
Do not disconnect any cables from the Apple TV until the restore process is completed.
You can find the full article here:
Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.
More Like This
- Retrieving data ...
- This solved my question - 10 points
- This helped me - 5 points