It sounds like you are trying to delete photos from your iPhone. I found an article with steps to do this.
You can use iTunes to delete photos that were synced to your iPhone. If the photos are saved in the Camera Roll, you can choose to delete all of them after importing the photos to your computer or manually delete them from the Camera Roll on your iPhone. You can find the steps to do that here:
To delete photos and videos from your device
To delete synced photos and videos
- In iTunes, select the device icon in the Devices list on the left. Click the Photos tab in the resulting window.
- Choose "Sync photos from."
- On a Mac, choose iPhoto or Aperture from the pop-up menu.
- On a Windows PC, choose Photoshop Album or Photoshop Elements from the pop-up menu.
- Choose "Selected albums" and deselect the albums or collections you want to delete.
- Click Apply.
To delete Camera Roll photos and videos
There are two methods to delete items from the Camera Roll:
- Import the Camera Roll to your computer, choosing to delete items after import.
- Delete photos and videos from your device manually. Open the Photos application, open the Camera Roll, tap the Action button, tap each photo to select it, and tap the Delete button.
Note: For photos and videos you want to save for later, import them to your computer before deleting them from the Camera Roll.
You can find the full article here:
Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.