441 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 29, 2013 11:22 AM by BackgammonThatUp
The events might be removed when connecting to a service you sync with. Try this:
- Turn of syncing with iCloud or Gmail or any service you have syncing with iCal. You can turn it off in iCal. You can do this in iCal>Preferences>Accounts. (You can also turn off iCloud calendar from System Preferences>iCloud, but this will ask you if you want to delete the calendar from your Mac. You will want to delete from your Mac. When you turn it back on, you'll be asked to "merge" it with the new entries that you imported from Time Machine and the new and old entries will be there.)
- Disconnect your computer from the Internet (i.e. turn off Wi-Fi or the ethernet cable)
- Restore your iCal backup from Time Machine
- Export the calendar by highlighting selecting the calendar and going to File>Export>Export. Save it some place easy to find.
- Reconnect to the Internet and your calendar syncing service. If you just reenabled the calendars, your entries might disappear again, but you can go to File>Import and import the entries you exported in step 4. If you turned off iCloud Calendar syncing in System Preferences>iCloud, then when you turn it back on, it should ask you if you want to merge the entries. If you go this route, you won't have to reimport the entries. Be sure to check if the entries are there or not before reimporting so that you don't get duplicates.
I hope the steps make sense and get you back on track!