Currently Being ModeratedAug 30, 2013 6:32 AM (in response to mishrea)
Thank you for using Apple Support Communities
It sounds like you want to add an email account to your Mac Mail application.
Here is an article that will help you get that setup.
Configuring Mail for your email account
Manually configuring Mail
Note: You should make note of your email settings--see the cheat sheet below. Contact your email service vendor and note all of the details needed to fill in your settings. During the setup process, you will need these details to complete the setup process. You can either print the sheet and write on it, or paste it into a text document and fill it in on your Mac. Keep the sheet for later reference in case you need it.
- Open Mail (click it on the Dock or open it from the Applications folder).
- If the "Welcome to Mail" assistant does not appear, choose Add Account from the File menu.
- Fill in the Full Name, Email address, and Password fields.
Note: Your email account password will be stored in Keychain to allow you to automatically log in to your email account when you open Mail.
- Deselect "Automatically set up account" if it is enabled. Click Continue to proceed.
- Choose the proper Account Type.
- Give your account a useful description, such as "Anne's Gmail account" or "Juan's Yahoo! email account". It can be called whatever you want.
- Enter your Incoming Mail Server, User Name and Password. Click Continue to proceed.
- If prompted, enter your Incoming Mail Security settings. Click Continue to proceed.
- For Outgoing Mail Server, a useful description such as "Gmail Outgoing Mail Server" or "Yahoo! Outgoing Mail Server".
- Enter the Outgoing Mail Server details.
- If necessary, select "Use Authentication" and enter your User Name and Password. Click Continue to proceed.
- If prompted, enter your Outgoing Mail Security settings. Click Continue to proceed.
- Verify your settings in the Account Summary. Check "Take account online". Click "Create" to complete the process.
After completing these steps you should be able to send and receive email via this account. If you can't send or receive email, contact your ISP for assistance (even if you don't use your ISP's email service), or visit any online help or support websites they offer. Have your email settings on hand to inform the ISP support of the needs of your email service provider.
All the very best,