This issue is deplorable. Please take a moment and read the above link. I found this after 3 hours on the phone with AT&T and 3 hours with Apple. Everyone was quite polite and civilized but I know if I can find this in a google search these people can as well. If neither AT&T or Apple will listen or make a change it is time to call for a class action.
I have had the same issue since I got new iPhone 5 I have wifi at home and while I'm on wifi it will kick me off . I never had this issue before that and now im constantly getting alert messages about going over my data. My phone is the only apple device in the house that has a data plan all iPods iPads n iPhones are using wifi and never get kicked off, I lose wifi connection constantly.
I also reset network many times, had to go out of my way to talk to At&t and apple then make appointment which is so irritating at times then to be told if resetting phone, network and other settings did not work come back to get a replacement phone which was also an inconvenience. I am so irritated thAt I'm unable to enjoy using certain apps or the web with out having to constantly back out go into settings and hit wifi again I thought I would be able to enjoy the phone.
We had the same issue on iPhone 4S from my wife, on the 1st October.
It was not noticed until the 15th, when the monthly 1GB was eaten.
Very surprised, I went in the logs to check, because she is using at most 300MB per months. She never got to the end, since she has an iPhone.
It was from 10:13 to 10:26, with a constant download, for a total of 650-700MB.
She was in office, not using her phone, not streaming, nothing with iCloud.
I asked my provider, Orange. Let see what they find.
Could it be the iOS7, pushed "by force" on 3G ?
I read it was about 700MB. (but I thought it was only happening on wifi.)
If I can't get something from Orange, I'll call Apple to try.
This is the first time it happens, but when you are paying for 1GB, you cannot accept to just use 250MB, then being switched to the low speed for the rest of the month.
I bought an iPhone 5 and I installed iOS7.
When I connect my iPhone to my WiFi, it received about 2mb of data per minute.
It does not happens when I'm using Cellular.
- No Open Apps. Multitasking bar empty.
- Settings > Bluetooth [Off]
- Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data [Off]
- Settings > Cellular > Enable 3G [Off]
- Settings > Notification Center > Include [Empty]
- Settings > General > About > Diagnostic & Usage > Don't Send [Checked]
- Settings > General > Siri [Off]
- Settings > General > Spotlight Search [All Unchecked]
- Settings > General > Background App Refresh [Off]
- Settings > General > Date & Time > Set Automatically [Off]
- Settings > Privacy > Locaion Services [Off]
- Settings > iCloud [I deleted my account]
- Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendar > Accounts [MyAccount: Inactive]
- Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendar > Fetch New Data > Push [Off]
- Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendar > Fetch New Data > Fetch [Manually]
- Settings > iTunes & App Store [I deleted my account]
- Settings > iTunes & App Store > Updates [Off]
- Settings > iTunes & App Store > Use Cellular Data [Off]
I don't know what else I can do...
I firmly believe there is an issue with a bumper crop of the actual phones. My 5 functioned beautifully running my humble amount of apps mostly on wifi - until - I upgraded to I06. Then the nightmare began. I went through all the troubleshooting I have see everyone attempting here without success. The upgrade took place in May. In June, July and August I was on the phone every month with AT&T learning to shut down everything I was accustomed to using without penalty to avoid exceeding my typical 32 mb of monthly data. Since the upgrade I was going over 200 by the 3rd week of the cycle. My battery was of course dying. AT&T refunded me for 2 months and even gifted me with a new blue ant Q3 after I merely requested a recommendation for the most compatible bluetooth head set for Siri. In the 3rd month AT&T, by protocol, would no longer refund me for the cost of data spike that none of us could resolve. At that point I phoned Apple. Three hours on the phone with a professional and personable tech support person and we decided to back up the phone, Do a clean install, add in a few apps and observe. No data spikes. It seemed we had done more than just a clean install so I inquired to the steps we'd taken should I decide to repeat on my own. Perhaps it was an oversight but I was only told we'd done the install however I found I was now also upgraded. The data spiking ceased but the battery drain did not. I could not get 12 hours of charge on a phone that wasn't used all day and parked at home on wifi! I ultimately sold it and upgraded to 5S where there has mercifully been quiet to date. There is a problem here and since my former phone ran beautifully I'm inclined to feel there was / is a bug issue. Take you phones to Apple. Document the date, how it was handled and the result. Do the same with your carrier. I hate to see litigation issues but I suspect this situation is headed in that direction. Good luck to all and fingers crossed I've got it behind me with my latest phone.
Just to let you know that I turned off the Podcasts application and it solved my problem, in 3 days it took 2.6Gb out of my 4Gb plan, someone need to be fired for this!
Last month I was struggling to understand why I got the "fair usage" warning from my Internet provider, I thought that maybe a windows update was the problem, but at the end was my iphone which drained my internet plan,
shame on you apple