Hey everyone no question here just seen a lot of archived questions that have not gotten a definitive answer. My thing was I do all of my editing and original picture import to iPhoto but I want to be able to see them on my Windows 8 computer Photo program and Windows Media Center desktop that runs my TV/Media Center. This will also work for Windows 7 - Understand for stability you should not modify the pictures on your Windows box.
- On your Mac sure that your Pictures folder is shared to Windows and /SMB. To learn how go to Apple Support on File Sharing
- On your Windows download and install Microsoft SyncToy 2.1 you will also have to have a version Microsoft.NET Framework 2.0.5 backwards compatible. (Note it may switch to install x86 or 4.0 this is fine because it is compatible.
- On your Windows make sure you can navigate to the propper folder "Pictures/iPhoto/Masters" (I mapped it as a network drive to make sure that the connection is more stable) Copy the location (Either the mapped drive or the network address including the netbios name)
- Create a new folder in your Picture Library on your Windows Box. (I called it iPhoto)
- Open up SyncToy and create a new folder Pair, on the left side use the copied address or mapped drive, for the right use the new folder in your Photo Library. Set it either to Echo or Sync. (It is important which side because if it is switched around it will erase your iPhoto Masters folder contents.)
- Run the pair, this is quicker than normal network copy and paste.
- To keep it always synced you can then set it as a scheduled task straight from the program.
Hope this helps somebody let me know your thoughts