I performed this command, as you suggested to delete my Trash:
"Open Terminal and enter this command:
rm -Rf ~/.Trash/*
Then opt+right click on Finder in the Dock and select 'Relaunch'"
AND IT DELETED EVERYTHING FROM MY COMPUTER. ALL OF MY FILES, DOCUMENTS, FOLDERS, EVERYTHING??? How do I retrieve it, I've not backed up in months.
The finder in OSX 10.9 does not want to "let go" of the file. This helped me. . .
Removing the bootcamp partition is one way but way too draconic for the issue... Just follow these steps instead...
1. go into your windows (full boot)
2. in windows > start menu > cmd > righclick > open as administrator
3. type in: chkdsk /f and press enter
it will say it needs a reboot because disk is in use
4. reboot (into windows)
5. let the chkdsk operation finish and reboot to mac after that
6. et voila... problem solved (in mac)...
this helps me. thanks
More Like This
- Retrieving data ...
- This solved my question - 10 points
- This helped me - 5 points