Currently Being ModeratedSep 6, 2013 7:02 AM (in response to Tim Payne)
Thunderbolt ports and displays: Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
rMBP, Bootcamp off thunderbolt drive - MORE COMPLETE SOLUTION
Boot Camp: FireWire devices may affect Windows 7 responsiveness if connected to an Apple Thunderbolt display
This looks promising:
Thunderbolt problems with Windows 8
TIP: Fix for Thunderbolt problem with Windows 8 in Boot Camp
Boot Camp users who updated Windows 7 to Windows 8 may find that a Mac booted with Windows 8 does not recognize Thunderbolt . According to a new Apple tech article, the problem is an incompatibility with the Windows 8 Fast Boot feature (also called Fast Startup). The workaround is to disable Fast Boot using the Windows Control Panel.
- In Windows 8, open the Control Panel. (You can move the mouse to the upper-right corner to activate the Charms bar, click the Settings icon, and then select Control Panel.)
- Select Hardware and Sound.
- Under Power Options, choose Change What the Power Buttons Do.
- Under Shutdown Settings, uncheck the Turn On Fast Startup. Checkbox.
- Click Save and then restart the Mac back into Windows.
After restart, Windows 8 will recognize Thunderbolt devices attached to the Mac.Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5), ATI 5770 16GB Samsung SSD Sonnet 6G
Currently Being ModeratedSep 6, 2013 7:45 AM (in response to The hatter)
These seem to be Win8 solutions that have no effect using Win7. It's as if the MBPr knows everything is there on the Thunderbolt Display, except the display itself. Again, OSX is fine, no problems. Beginning to think it's the BootCamp drivers.