Currently Being ModeratedSep 7, 2013 12:15 PM (in response to angel29)
With the serial number, you can't
The only way to track is if you install Find my Phone first and configured with iCloud
Currently Being ModeratedSep 7, 2013 1:25 PM (in response to angel29)
- If you previously turned on FIndMyiPod on the iPod in Settings>iCloud and wifi is on and connected go to iCloud: Find My iPhone, sign in and go to FIndMyiPhone. If the iPod has been restored it will never show up.
- You can also wipe/erase the iPod and have the iPod play a sound via iCloud.
- If not shown, then you will have to use the old fashioned way, like if you lost a wallet or purse.
- Change the passwords for all accounts used on the iPod and report to police
- There is no way to prevent someone from restoring the iPod (it erases it) using it.
- Apple will do nothing without a court order
The SN will only help identify the iPod as yours IF it is recovered.