Currently Being ModeratedSep 12, 2013 3:29 PM (in response to alexandra110)
The iPod can easily be used by someone by placing the iPod in recovery mode (it erases the iPod) and then restoring the iPod. The erase also means there is no way to locate/communicate with the iPod
- If you previously turned on FIndMyiPod on the iPod in Settings>iCloud and wifi is on and connected go to iCloud: Find My iPhone, sign in and go to FIndMyiPhone. If the iPod has been restored it will never show up.
- You can also wipe/erase the iPod and have the iPod play a sound via iCloud.
- If not shown, then you will have to use the old fashioned way, like if you lost a wallet or purse.
- Change the passwords for all accounts used on the iPod and report to police
- There is no way to prevent someone from restoring the iPod (it erases it) using it.
- Apple will do nothing without a court order