Currently Being ModeratedSep 24, 2013 11:33 AM (in response to mdn8blu)
just wanted to let you know it worked for me with your tips (XP certificate update)!
Thanks for your efforts with Apple tech support and for relaying the information.
Currently Being ModeratedSep 24, 2013 3:31 PM (in response to davwatto)
I know it didn't work for you, but I was having the same error. I realized my system date and time wasn't correct so I fixed it. Just out of curiosity I decided to see if it allowed me to access the iTunes store and it worked! Minor miracle?
Currently Being ModeratedOct 9, 2013 10:32 AM (in response to davwatto)
For Windows XP:
from command prompt, run sfc /purgecache
then run sfc /scannow
Same thing for Win7 and Vista, but you have to start the command prompt as administrator
Currently Being ModeratedJan 1, 2014 1:31 PM (in response to davwatto)
I'm not sure if I am too late but I ran into this problem today! I am running windows xp, I was just browsing the Internet and windows defender popped up and said it wanted permission to run a certificate or something like that (sorry can't remember for sure what it said) but I did not recognize the program that was asking for permission so I told it not to run (thought it was something I picked up from a sketchy website). Anyways I went back to iTunes to turn on iTunes Radio and that error message popped up 0x80092013 and the music would not play. I tried turning windows firewall off but no luck. Then I decided to just system restore my xp to yesterdays backup... restarted the computer and now everything is back to normal. iTunes radio is back and connected to my apple TV. Good luck to ya!
Currently Being ModeratedJan 8, 2014 11:01 AM (in response to LA mini ipod)
Hey there guys. I'm having same problem here. Error 0X80092013......Went through a few research and found out that the date time etc is the caused for the error. So i just change the time and date setting and all good. Now can sign in to latest Itunes.
Currently Being ModeratedJan 19, 2014 12:54 PM (in response to davwatto)
I've just upgraded to Win 8 in my notebook, and faced the same problem... I've tried some of the solutions posted here, but none worked. But this was not the only comm problem: McAfee was not been successful in downloading updates, for instance, althoug Windows Update, Office instalation, Chrome and Outlook worked fine and smooth.
Then i realized that the calendar was with a wrong date, about 20 days in the future. Yes, I know, this can't be the problem... the reality, though, is that I fixed the date, restarted the machine, and everything started working normally.
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 7, 2014 7:05 AM (in response to davwatto)
I have this same "error 0x80092103" issue on Vista 64-bit, even with the latest iTunes release on Jan 22, 2014.
On other threads, I noticed your subsequent diagnosis was "a problem with Webkit2 and the way it handles SSL certificates". This description is the only one I've found that accurately describes the issue I'm having.
I'm curious if you found a solution to this problem.
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 7, 2014 7:11 AM (in response to davwatto)
In our case, the issue turned out to be something that was blocked in our content filter. It seemed to be related to the initial login, because once I bypassed the filter and logged into the account, it worked normally thereafter with the filter in place.
I've allowed everything that Apple specifies but there seems to be something else as well.
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 7, 2014 7:42 AM (in response to YoakumISDTech)
Thanks, but I don't have any content filters.
The post that davwatto made here https://discussions.apple.com/message/23441575#23441575, is entirely consistent with my situation: "go back as far as Safar 3.2.3 (oldapps.com) and then try to access a secure site, if it renders correctly (back then Safari handled it's own certificates) you have the same problem as me"
In other words, the recent versions of iTunes and Safari cannot make HTTPS connections.
When I start iTunes, I can't sign in without getting the 0x80092103 error. When I select Help > iTunes Help, I receive a dialog that says "iTunes Help is unavailable because your computer isn’t connected to the Internet." When I select Help > Run Diagnostics, the Network Connectivity Tests shows "Internet connection verified", however underneath that it shows "Secure link to iTunes Store failed".
Considering these symptoms, I agree with davwatto's opinion that it is "a problem with Webkit2 and the way it handles SSL certificates".
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 12, 2014 7:02 PM (in response to nallenICL)
Hello to all,
I would like to throw my hat into the ring here. I am having the exact same problem with itunes error # 0x80092013. No solution yet but I have an Awesome tech guy named Shane who runs Tweaking.com, a CPU repair biz and a huge family. This guy is my hero! Anyways, I will update if I solve this and hope you will all do the same. We know Apple tech support is not going to!
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 13, 2014 5:59 AM (in response to Obi Juan Kenobi 78)
Perhaps this could help. I am not sure if the code error is the same, but i have posted this issue long a few mts ago. What i do is just adjusted the PC time and date to actual time according to your area. It should allow you to sign in to Itunes after that.
More Like This
- Retrieving data ...
- This solved my question - 10 points
- This helped me - 5 points