Currently Being ModeratedSep 13, 2013 2:10 AM (in response to dianefromvictoria)
I will keep trying if it is a temporary Apple online glitch. Is it or is there something wrong with my IPhoto or computer connection? Any help out there? Greatly appreciated
It is really hard to say from afar:
As a first trouble shooting measure: Try to submit your book while booted into Safe Mode: Mac OS X: What is Safe Boot, Safe Mode? In many cases that helped.
Common problems you might check for:
- Turn off all Fire Walls (like Little Snitch) and Anti Virus software that might block your connection.
- Check the Country for the Print Products Store setting in your iPhoto Advanced Preferences.
- Check your Apple ID settings. The password and the answers to your security questions must conform to Apple's security standard - long enough and the password must contain a mixture of letters and non-letters.
- And last not least - have you created a preview? iPhoto, Aperture: Previewing an order in iPhoto or Aperture If your printer cannot load the preview, the upload usually will fail.
Currently Being ModeratedSep 13, 2013 12:43 PM (in response to léonie)
In the past two days, I have run Disk Utility and Onyx. This morning, I tried Safe Boot. After that, IPhoto crashed several times without my being able to get into book section. I turned the computer off and then on again. I have so far tried 3 times to submit. The Assembly is no problem (Preview and PDF work well) but during the uploading I get the error message after it loads about 1/3 of the way. I have a desk top so I am having to check on the loading frequently because it is in a different room. I've been at this since 8:30 pm last night. Does the book have too many pages?
The first few times the Cancel or Retry message came in successive bursts of 3 or 4 times and I have had to Retry each time. I've done these books many times before and although the uploading process has not always been flawless, it has eventually worked better than this. If I tap the space bar to light up the screen so I can see the progress bar, does that cause the uploading to fail?
Do I have alternatives? My Apple Care has expired but should I phone Apple anyways?
Currently Being ModeratedSep 14, 2013 11:24 AM (in response to dianefromvictoria)
Finally, after calling our cable company about an intermittent connection and having a longer discussion about what it could be, we determined this was not the problem. The file did not appear to be corrupted with !!! icons on pages either. Then, a wise soul from a Mac User group suggested I change my Energy Saver settings in System Preferences to Never. Once I 'restarted' to activate the setting, the book upload completed the first time. A lesson learned that the computer sleeping and waking up could be the error in the upload. Thanks Leonie for your suggestions though. I followed them and ruled them out.
Currently Being ModeratedSep 14, 2013 11:29 AM (in response to dianefromvictoria)
Then, a wise soul from a Mac User group suggested I change my Energy Saver settings in System Preferences to Never
Good to know! I am glad you could resolve the problem
More Like This
- Retrieving data ...
- This solved my question - 10 points
- This helped me - 5 points