Currently Being ModeratedSep 18, 2013 7:51 PM (in response to RockyRainRider)
Same issue here. Must be a bug in iOS 7. After the upgrade, both iPhone and iPad failed to connect to the exchange 2010 server. Tried deleting and setting up account again to no avail. Surprised it's not discovered during the beta testing.
Currently Being ModeratedSep 18, 2013 9:19 PM (in response to RockyRainRider)
We still haven't had any luck, I'm going to restart our exchange sever tonight and maybe even install a service pack. but this new iOS 7 Exchange bug is really no fun.
Currently Being ModeratedSep 18, 2013 9:45 PM (in response to RockyRainRider)
Same issue here. Exchange email not working after upgrading to ios7..
while trying to delete and readd the account,lost the contacts too..Advise folks to be careful before attempting to re-add the account.
Currently Being ModeratedSep 18, 2013 10:58 PM (in response to RockyRainRider)
Did some troubleshooting, no solution yet, but below is a portion of the Exchange 2010's Activesync log. The 110 status code at the end indicates "Unknown Server Error" during the initial Provisioning phase, thus all the subsequent AirSync requests are denied.
--- Exception start ---
Exception type: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException
Exception message: Non-negative number required.
Parameter name: count
Exception level: 0
Exception stack trace: at System.Buffer.BlockCopy(Array src, Int32 srcOffset, Array dst, Int32 dstOffset, Int32 count)
at Microsoft.Exchange.Security.Compliance.MessageDigestForNonCryptographicPurposes .HashCore(Byte array, Int32 ibStart, Int32 cbSize)
at System.Security.Cryptography.HashAlgorithm.ComputeHash(Byte buffer)
at Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.SQM.SmsSqmDataPointHelper.Generate64BitUserID( String legacyDN)
at Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.SQM.SmsSqmDataPointHelper.AddDeviceInfoReceive dDataPoint(SmsSqmSession instance, ADObjectId id, String legacyDN, String deviceType, String versionString)
at Microsoft.Exchange.AirSync.DeviceInformationSetting.ProcessSet(XmlNode setNode)
at Microsoft.Exchange.AirSync.ProvisionCommand.ProcessDeviceInformationSettings(Xm lNode response)
--- Exception end ---
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
Currently Being ModeratedSep 19, 2013 8:13 AM (in response to RockyRainRider)
I restarted our Exchange 2010 server this morning and right away my email starting coming in again. For good measure after this I also installed Exchange 2010 Service Pack 3 (SP3), but it was working before I did this. For the record we were on Service Pack 1 Update Rollup 8 I think before.
I don't know if we'll continue to have issues or not, but for now everything is working.
Currently Being ModeratedSep 19, 2013 3:19 PM (in response to RockyRainRider)
Now again same issue with the iOS 7 release - we use Rackspace hosted Exchange 2007 on a single domain (closed network). The issue seems to be with with authenticating the password and other user specific account information. There are a handful of threads for this issue - no solution yet. Most iOS support threads are discussing issues with activation post iOS 7 update due to suspected Apple activation server issues. (Thank you for referring end users to their "IT People" however this does not work in my case as I am one of two IT professionals for a small company. Any ideas for temp workaround?
Currently Being ModeratedSep 19, 2013 3:28 PM (in response to RockyRainRider)
Update: Apple support confirmed that there are still issues with iTunes and Activation servers that has caused issues with many users attempting to install iOS 7 and has effected many users ability to log in to their iOS accounts - universally for all devices and OS's. They are still working to correct the issue. In the meantime I suspect that it is possible Exchange acct.users attempting to log in and authenticate using SSL/advanced security settings may be unable to because they must be a valid (authenticated) user with appropriate log in credentials in order to recieve a securirty certificate.
Does anyone else have any ideas for a viable solution or any additional info?
Currently Being ModeratedSep 20, 2013 12:10 AM (in response to ALB13)
I am having the same issue. Exchange server 2010 stopped working after updating to iOS 7 on both iPad 2 and iPhone 5. Deleted account on the phone and tried to set it up again to no avail.
I'm furious Apple!!!! Grrrrrrr
Currently Being ModeratedSep 20, 2013 7:47 AM (in response to RockyRainRider)
We are running Exchange 2010 SP2. Many iOS7 devices stopped syncing to the Exchange server when they upgraded to iOS7.
We restarted the Exchange servers last night, and that fixed sync for some users (not all). However, if those users remove and re-add their Exchange account in iOS7 again, then they can no longer connect. Any accounts added to brand new devices cannot sync at all.
There is still a huge problem between Exchange and iOS7.