Decided to try and update to iOS 7 today so plugged my iPhone 5 into my Windows 8 laptop to back it up before installing, but was told I can't without updating iTunes first. Updated iTunes successfully but now it doesn't recognise either my iPhone or my iPad, although Windows recognises both. I have tried:
- turning the iPhone/iPad on and off
- turning my laptop on and off
- uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes
- using different USB cables
- stopping the iPod Service and restarting it
- deleting the temp folder and restarting
I've not installed anything else today, so how it could go from recognising my iPhone and then not within the space of 5 minutes is beyond me.
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only.
Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site.