Currently Being ModeratedSep 19, 2013 11:57 PM (in response to Linc Davis)
- I restarted my Airport Extreme today. And also canceled old profile connection and created a new one. Nothing changed.
- I have had Opera and Chrome for quite a while now, have not had any difficulties with them whatsoever.
- Never experienced any problems with iTunes, same for App Store. I do not use the latter very often so tried to update some existing and download Stuck On Earth 175Mb application, which went smoothly.
- Yes: TV, phones, tablets – all work great. Although same evening when iox7 was released it did downloading of updates slower than usual. Safari on these devices runs great.
- I will be able to try other networks on the coming Monday only. But earlier that day when I started experiencing my problems with Safari I was on the other Ethernet connection and everything was fine (did not use WiFi on other than home networks lately, but in the past it always worked well too).
- I will be able to do this on the coming Monday only as I have no adapter from Ethernet to thunderbolt at home to try it our.
Yesterday I have noticed that Safari was working fine for a short period of time, about 15 minutes or so. Then the lags returned.
I have also noticed that when the loading of a web page gets stuck and the rainbow ball appear spinning around occasionally, Safari will not appear in the Force Quite Application window as not responding.
Will let you know about point 5 and 6 on Monday when I have tested it.
Thank you for response.
Currently Being ModeratedSep 20, 2013 8:59 AM (in response to Linc Davis)
Did it couple of times, but nothing has changed.
Currently Being ModeratedSep 23, 2013 1:18 AM (in response to Linc Davis)
I have not done any of the suggested steps yet except logging in under another profile. And it worked! Safari was flying like a wind. I wonder now how to migrate from my usual profile with Safari's malfunction to a new one preserving all the tweaks and docs, and whether it would the best solution in my case.