HT1222: Apple security updatesLearn about Apple security updates
Currently Being ModeratedSep 20, 2013 6:45 PM (in response to dany k)
According to this support document http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3694 that error has to do with security software. While this addresses a restore, an update would probably qualify. Here is the basic information from the support document.
Error 2, 4 (or -4), 6, 1000, 9006
- Follow the steps to troubleshoot security software. Often, uninstalling third-party security software will resolve these errors.
- There may be third-party software that modifies your default packet size in Windows by inserting a TcpWindowSize entry into your registry. An incorrectly set default packet size can cause these errors. Contact the manufacturer of the software that installed the packet size modification for assistance or follow this article by Microsoft: How to reset Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).
- Verify that access to ports 80 and 443 are allowed on your network.
- Verify that communication to albert.apple.com or phobos.apple.com isn't blocked by a firewall or other Internet security setting.
- Discard the .ipsw file, open iTunes and attempt to download the update again. See the steps under "Advanced steps > Rename, move, or delete the iOS software file (.ipsw)" below for file locations.
- Restore your device while connected to a different network.
- Restore using a different computer.
More Like This
- Retrieving data ...
- This solved my question - 10 points
- This helped me - 5 points